Wednesday, May 03, 2006

In case you have not noticed, I have not been blogging much lately. My wife and I decided that we would really like to go on a vacation to Las Vegas this summer, so we need to cut down on as many extra expenses as we can. The internet was one of those. However, I will be making a weekly blog that I will post from BYU. This last week or so has been pretty good. My sister and mom came down here to Utah for a "girls getaway" in Park City. They made an exception for me and I was allowed to go and visit them and the other woman folk of the family. Wednesday KTP and I went skiing up at Snowbird. It was so fun!!! The weather was perfect and the snow was really great. We only went for a few hours, but since I had not skied this year at all it was nice because I got tiered near the end. I wasn’t doing so well at first, but then I remembered some of the techniques and did better than I ever had near the end (I think Stevie would have been proud of me). After skiing KTP and I went down to the Nordstrom’s rack and did some shopping. She bought me a sweet Adidas jacket (oh, and some sun glasses up at Snowbird). We also got some new kicks and some workout pants for Virginia which she really loves. On Thursday Virginia and I went up to Park City to visit some more. We were invited to stay the night up there, and that was really nice. We went shopping again at the Park City outlet mall on Thursday and bought some more stuff. That night we went out with The Judith, Prima Donna and KTP to a sushi bar where we met some of my mom’s friends from Sea-town. The sushi was awesome, even Virginia really liked it (even though she was too scared to try the fresh salmon sushi). After that Virginia and I went to some of the stores in downtown Park City. See pictures..
After that we just went back to the Condo and hung out with family for the rest of the night.
Friday I had to go back to work, so we ate breakfast and left. Virginia is going through her finals right now, so she has been studying and getting ready for test and I have been working to make up the hours I missed during the week. Anyway, in other new I got a new (to me, at least) 21’’ monitor. It’s huge!! I love it. Now I can sit back and not have to strain my eyes when I type and I was able to get rid of that stand I made for the old monitor. I got it from work, and it was only $5!!! I could not believe that I got such a good deal. Now the monitor doesn’t look so silly next to our humongous printer. Well we are going out to Wally-worlds and maybe to see or at least rent a movie. Until next week.
OK. As you can see I didn’t get the chance to get the above entry posted in a timely manner so I’ll just add to it. I just got finished talking with our landlord and got him to commit to getting our floor in the living room and kitchen done by the end of August. I think that they might do the cabinets as well, which would be really nice. Anyway, I have been working in the file warehouse at the hospital lately, and recently Brian and I finished listening to Angels and Demons, by Dan Brown (The Di Vinci Code guy). It was pretty fun. I listened to it before, but it had been over a year and I forgot a lot of it.
Virginia finished her finals and did pretty well. She didn’t even get stressed out over them which was really nice. Right now she is working over at the Colony cleaning with some friends. I am headed out to run some errands so hopefully I can post this soon
DAVE

No comments: