Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial day weekend was very nice. I did a few projects around the house, including getting the AC fixed and kind of shafted in the process.
Last week I noticed on a hot day that even though the fan was on there was no hot air coming out of the vents. So I talked to a neighbor (who's little daughter is in our primary class) who works at a heating and air place if he knew anything about how to fix it. He didn't but he referred me to a guy. The next day when the tech came over he diagnosed the problem as a bad capacitor. He also filled the freon up. The service call was $47 and the freon was $30 and the new capacitor was $150!!! While I was outside with the tech another neighbor mentioned that her brother was a HVAC guy and that I should use him in the future. So instead of getting the new capacitor from the tech, I talked to my neighbor, who called her brother and he said that he could install a new one for just $75!! Sweet right? Anyway, when my neighbor's brother (Shane) came over he put the new one on and... nothing. Long story short I had somehow blown a fuse when I took out the temporary one the first tech put in, so Shane had to get a new fuse and then all worked as it should. So for the extra time to find the problem and money for the fuse I ended paying $100 to Shane. As he was leaving I asked him how much the part really cost and after I told him about how much sinks get marked up in the counter top business he told me, only $35. I was not really surprised. I guess everyone is trying to make a buck where they can.
In other news, after a routine check up for V we went to Cafe Rio for lunch and the Utah girl from the last season of American Idol, Megan Joy was there. You probably remember her as (if you watch the show at all) the girl with the full sleeve tattoo on one of her arms. I have not been around "celebrities" (I don't know that she really qualifies) but it was interesting to see the different reactions of the people there. Some would go and ask for photos or autographs, others would just stare at her. I would mostly watch the reaction of the people coming in. It was pretty funny. Some would not even notice, some would look at her and you could tell they were thinking "hey.. isn't that, that one girl.. it is. hmmm" but the most entertaining was a group of 3 high school age girls. They came in and were like "OMG!! that's totally the girl from AI.!!" It was pretty funny, they got a picture with her.
The Creature is also doing well. She is laughing and crawling more every day. We are looking for a DVD of the video we watch all the time with her on youtube called "Susanita tiene un raton" I have tried to research it a little. I know it comes from Spain, but I have not been able to find out if it was a TV show or a video. If you know anyone who might be able to help me let me know.


Finally, a few things about the playoffs.

The Cavs: I used to be a fan, mostly because James is a really good player, but I find that I have started to despise them. Varajeo and Wallace are the most blatant floppers in the league (Ginobili excluded of course). Everyone knows Varajeo is a flopping piece of garbage, but Wallace too? I used to respect this guy when he played for Detroit, but I guess he has been defiled by Varajeo's disgusting antics. They both should be kicked out of basketball and made to play soccer with all the other faking nancy boys.

The Magic: This team has actaully grown on me, however I am very annoyed by Dwight Howard. His lack of decent post moves and short arm free throws drive me crazy!

The Lakers: I HATE THE LAKERS!! If Kobe got under cut and broke his neck during a game, I would have a REALLY hard time not cheering. Also, Lamar Odom (and I have mentioned this before on my blog) is the most worthless piece of crap, and if I hear another television announcer talk about how "supremely talented" he is, I am going to scream!

The Nuggets: This is the team that I think has the best chance to win the title this year. My main complaint with them is how they seem to lose their smart playing near the end of the games.
DAVE

No comments: