Update on the Goldwing.
After messing around with the bike for about two weeks now I know about a few issues. First and foremost the carbs need to be cleaned, which sucks. After doing a lot of research, I have come to the conclusion that this is not a project that I would like to undertake myself. It requires a few things of which I am short on: Time, tools and know how. If I had at least two of the three I think I could make it work but I just don't. The problem is that the bike will not idle well due to one or more of the idle jets being clogged up. Most likely compounded by the the carbs being out of sync, and the camshaft belt needing to be replaced. The carb cleaning is looking like it will set me back the most so I am going to try syncing them myself first before I take it into the Honda shop to have it done, but I have to find a manometer to buy, rent or borrow to do it.
to be continued....
11 years ago
1 comment:
carbs, idle jets, camshaft belt, manometer????? count me out of any sort of riding excursion if i have to know what any of that means....or if any of them on your bike don't work because you surely are not going to ride bitch on my bike all the way to Aspen...."you've had a 2nd pair of gloves this whole time???.....yeah, we're in the Rockies"
Post a Comment