So, it's been a few months and I think the blog has been neglected enough. Plus I have some rare free time due to the following story.
Monday, I got home from work same as any other day, and was having the typical evening until around 8:30 when I started to have some pain in my abdomen. (For those of you who remember I went to the ER last November for similar abdominal pain that turned out to be a mystery.) By midnight the pain was unbearable and I drove myself into the ER. While I was getting ready V told me I couldn't drive because I had taken a oxy. earlier, that had no effect, I said "watch me" and left. V says I am an ogre when I am in pain,which I suppose is probably true, I am quite short with her and
tell her to shut up, but when I am really hurting I just want to be left alone... what else can I say? Anyway, I got the ER and after what seemed like a long wait, I got into a room and after another long wait they finally gave me some glorious Dilaudid aka Hydromorphone. Surprisingly they didn't do any tests on me besides blood work the whole night I was there, and discharged me in the morning. They said that since I was there in November, and the tests did not show anything they didn't want to repeat them. So I called my Dad at 5:30 or so and asked him to come and give me a ride home, which he thankfully did. (Thanks Pops!) After I got home I went to bed and woke back up around 10am with more pain. I kind of knew I was in bad shape when I vomited after eating nothing at 10:30 and had V drive me back into the hospital at around 11am. She called KTP and, KTP was able to come over and watch the creatures while V and I went to the ER. Back in the ER I was taken back after not too long of a wait and seen by a different doctor. They gave me some more Hydromorphone and after talking with the doctor they did some X-rays and a CT scan. He also did a test where he would push on different parts of the abdomen and noticed that it was painful in the lower right quadrant. So after that clue and the CT they told me that I had appendicitis and I needed to go in for surgery. I was glad finally know what was going on. During this long process of finding out what was wrong with me, The Judith had flown back home from a visit to Texas and came to see me and drive one of our cars home from the hospital. When she was told I needed surgery she made us get her approval for the surgeon before going ahead with it. Also, she had one of her friends come and check up on me and make sure that he "baby boy" was being taken care of. It's nice to have perks like that when you are in the hospital. All I remember from the surgery was the anesthesiologist giving me something and I asked her "is this the stuff that will knock me out?" and she said "this will make you sleepy" and the next thing I knew I was in the recovery room. V stayed with me the whole time even though they didn't have any bed for her, only a chair that didn't look too comfortable. It's times like that when I am glad that I have such a good woman by my side, that will still take care of me, even when I am an ogre. So I stayed in the hospital until around 2pm the next day and then V drove me to the folks house so I could watch the NBA playoff and rest on the couch. Today, I have been feeling better, but still quite tender around the incisions. V has been awesome, cooking and taking care of the girls and letting me relax and play video games to my hearts content, I am a lucky man. Hopefully I will be back to 100% soon. I have one or two pics of me in the hospital that I may or may not post, we'll see. If this post seems kind of poorly written, I blame it on the drugs.
Dave
11 years ago
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys have been busy! Hope you and your cute girls are doing well. I'm a little disappointed in the lack of NBA coverage here. Let's just all breathe a huge sign of relief that the Spurs didn't make it.
Anyways I'm slow getting back to you but yeah Ben is still totally into phones and itching for a new one. I'm sure he'd love if you email. You can go through my email on my google profile or his name (no punctuation or anything) at gmail. Say hi to V for me!
Post a Comment