Sunday, February 17, 2013

Update

The last few weeks have been pretty uneventful, yet completely awesome. The Eva and Penny are angels. They play together so well and despite the occasional episode they are extremely well behaved little girls. I have been spending quite a bit of time over at Scotchula's house watching the NBA. Tonight we watched the all-star showcase with the skills challenge, 3point shooting and dunk contest. The events themselves were pretty lame, but it was nice to hang out with friends and relax. I had been working on the volvo, replacing the front drivers side hub assembly and got it all back together before we went over, and on the test drive there is something making a scraping sound from where I did the replacement.....LAME! Work is good, I have been working the last few Saturdays in a row trying to get the saving account built up for the down payment on a house or a strike fund. I really hope that we do not go on strike and Boeing gives SPEEA what we have requested which is just to keep everything the same. I was on the fence for a while about which way to vote but after looking at the position Boeing is in, I really don't see a reason why they should make cuts when they are not needed. I understand they want to make more money, but so do the people who they are trying to take away their pensions. I think the best solution would be to offer a 401K that would better compete with the pension and let the new hires decide for themselves which option to choose.  In other news, my brother gave me a membership to the NRA for Christmas which is great, but they have been sending me tons of spam about all the debates going on. I listened to a really great podcast today about the issue that I agree think gives the best take on the debate I have heard so far (it's also what I was personally thinking before I even heard the podcast.)
Dave

No comments: