Saturday, September 16, 2017

The last of summer 2017

 Here's a few things that have been going on over the past few months..

 We got a new kitchen faucet. Not really that exciting, but it's been a nice upgrade to the one we've had since we moved in. I got a good deal on it on Amazon and surprisingly it's not a piece of junk.
I cooked my first sous vide brisket. It turned out pretty well. It was slightly more done than I think I will make it in the future, but for my first try it wasn't too bad. 

I had it in the sous vide for about 40 hours...
 Then I smoked it on the grill for about 3 hours. 

Random pictures of the kids from the last few weeks.

 Right before school started for the kids, we went to the Great Wolf Lodge for a night and two days. 

The kids even got to do the Magi Quest courtesy of a bribe from Aunt KT for riding the Howling Tornado. 
Finally, we had our annual trip to Kalaloch. 












No comments: