Monday, October 31, 2005

This last weekend Virginia and I went up to my Uncle Rex's house after we had a planning session at the place where we are having our reception at. The planning this was really not half as painful as I thought it was gong to be. The girl who was working with us just had a little form that she went through and we picked out some colors and some table cloths and center pieces and a few other things and that was it. I had to bite my tongue a few times when she was asking what we wanted to do for some of the things just because I wanted Virginia to make most of the decisions, because after all it's really her special day. After the planning session we went to skizzler, and then to my uncle's house. He has this bird, well actually it's his wife's bird that mimics the ring on their phone. We were chatting with my uncle and his wife and I heard the phone ring about 10 times, and after a while I asked him if he was going to get the phone. He told me it was the bird and that they don't move to get the phone until at least three rings (the bird only usually does one or two rings). It was crazy how well the bird mimicked the phone. Then my aunt was showing us tricks with the bird and she asked the bird "what happens if someone is going to step on you?" and then she put her hand over the bird like she was going to squish it and the bird "oh, look out!". It was so funny, Virginia laughed so hard she embarrassed herself. Then after that we went and saw their huge duck they have as a pet and some of my uncle's cars. It's always pretty interesting when I see my uncle Rex. His house is kind of like a trip to Dr. Doolittle's, but with cool cars and back in the 70's (I can't really say why it's like the 70's. Maybe it's his hair, it's really long and he looks like he's one of the Bee Gee's, but there is definitely a "hippie" aura there).
Maybe I'll have my Dad e-mail me a picture of Rex so you can see what I mean.
DAVE

No comments: