Friday, October 28, 2005


Well my friend Ben remined me where I had seen that version of "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe". It was in my sixth grade class at Grasslake elementary. Our teacher was Mrs. Foster. She was kind of a strange lady. Thinking back I think she was a Jehovah's Witness or a really staunch born again Christian, but being so young I wasn't able tell the difference. I remember seeing pictures of Jesus all over her desk and she seemed really conservative and always really appaled whenever a kid did something bad. For instance when a girl in our class (Stephanie Dummit, a notorious talker) came in from recess one rainy day with a soaked white tee-shirt, Mrs. Foster got so mad she seemed like she was shaking. Anyway, so that's where the whole "Lion Witch and the wardrobe" thing came from, it seems like we watched it twice a week for a month or somthing. I don't even remember what it was about, just that it was really long and really boring, I think I must have slept through a lot of it. I hope the new version that is comming out isn't going to be a series of movies.
For those of you who don't know I just recently got back from a trip to the carribean and bahamahs with my family. It was really fun. We rented scooters on some of the islands and cruised around. The only thing that I might have changed was the time spent on the boat was a little long, but I guess that's because the seas were kind of rocky and the weather wasn't that good. But overall it was a blast as you can see in the pictures (actually not because I coulnd't upload them for some reason). My favorite thing was probably Megans beach on St. Thomas (one of national geographics top ten most beautiful beaches) the water was perfect.
I have put some links to some of the web sites that I look at while I am not busy at work, I don't know if the Yahoo one takes you to the right place, but it's supposed to take you to the odd news, it's pretty funny sometimes.

DAVE

No comments: