Monday, November 07, 2005


So here is the latest in the preparations for my wedding. Virginia picked a wedding cake that she likes...or at least a picture of what she wants (as seen here) the top and bottom tiers are going to be chocolate with the middle being white cake. All of the frosting is going to be vanilla. Also the frosting doens't have to be quite as elaborate as the picture. Another change will be that the flowers will be light pink instead of white. Finaly, the base (or stand, whatever it's called) will be simpler, as to draw less attention. So that's what is going on with the cake.
I worked a lot this weekend on my place, sanding, scraping and painting. The paint store gave me the wrong color of paint though. I asked for swiss coffee and they gave me white. I think the guy at the store just forgot to put the tint in it. However, I think it will turn out better for me in the long run because I painted the window sills and door frames white and I will do the walls with the swiss coffee, which will look better than doing it all the same color (swiss coffee is about two shades darker than white, so not really that different).
Also at church yesterday, a girl got up in testimony meeting and told about how she just told her fiance on monday, who she was getting married to in two weeks that she wasn't going to marry him. It was pretty dramatic, but what was really funny is when I told my fiance about that and I said "you're not going to do that to me right?". It's funny because whenever we watch cops or movies when a guy beats up his wife she always turns to me and says "you won't beat me right?" Well I guess it's kind of an inside thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a nice cake and I think simpler frosting will look better and with light pink flowers it will be beautimus and also a different cake stand cuz that one's ugly. :) ktpoo

Anonymous said...

also if you are gonna dog the PCD for their musical abilities you should spell (definitely) right. mkay? ktp

Dave said...

Soory MRs. Englesh teecher, but at leest my speling is beter then the pusycatdols musak.