Sunday, January 29, 2006

Today was mostly uneventful. We got up at around 11:30 this morning, had breakfast and then got ready and went to church. While at church I was thinking of making an audio recording of our sacrament meeting and then playing it back while shooting free throws to practice blocking out distractions. There are so many kids in our ward that it's almost a dull roar the entire meeting, with the occasional blood curdling scream. After church we went over to our friend, Pilar's house. Virginia was trying to get her to come over to our house to help her make a "three milk cake". She ended up being busy with dates and stuff. She is a pretty funny girl in the fact that she is so oblivious when guys like her. For example, this guy that she knows invited her over to speak Spanish with him, in return for doing him this favor he is going to feed her muffins and other deserts. Pilar insists that this guy does not like her, but taking into account that just about every third person in this town speaks Spanish, it leaves little doubt that this guy really does like her, and is just too much of a sissy to ask her on a real date. Anyways Virginia and I had a pretty funny talk about it afterwards.
When we got home from Pilar's house Virginia started cooking some fried rice that turned out pretty well and the "three milk cake" that didn't turn out so well. It's still edible, but just by saying that you can get an idea of how good it is. I think that this is the first thing that she had ever cooked for me that I have not really, really liked. Plus it's her very first time ever making this stuff, so I am sure it will be much better the second time (if there ever is one).
Currently she is practicing her presentation she has to make tomorrow in her writing class on pronoun and antecedent agreement. We had to make an emergency run Kinkos to get some transparencies and copies made for it. See picture below...

Well after watching out first movie on our new loveseat I am really happy with it. Needless to say it beats lying on the floor.
DAVE

No comments: