Monday, January 30, 2006

I woke up this morning at 6:40a.m. to realize that I set my alarm for p.m. instead of a.m. This was about the third time in the last month that I have done this. I don't know if I am getting dummer... or just lazy. Anyway, I made it to my car pool on time with no problems. Work today has been realativley busy. In case you are wondering how I can say work is busy, while composing this blog at work, I do most of my bloging while I am on hold with either United Health Care or Aetna insurance companies. I would say the average wait time is about 8 minutes.
I have a Provo city leauge game tonight so there may be pictures later this evening (pretty late, though). The game starts at 8:30pm. It should be fun to play a game with five players on my team after my ward team lost that heart-breaker with only four players.
Finally, I had a really wierd dream last night. I don't usually remember my dreams let alone blog about them because I don't try to find any meaning from them, but this one was kind of unique. I was a what seemed like a BYU mueseum/bookstore/mall. It was a big building that had multiple floors and I was leading around a group of what seemed like young army guys. After walking around for a while we rode an escalator down to the first floor to leave the store. As we were leaving the store I saw President Hinkley thanking people for comming to the place we were at. So, of course I went over to shake his hand. As I reached out to shake his hand he grabbed me, pulled me down and hugged me. I was really supprised how short he was because it felt like my back was almost at 90 degrees. I even remember think about making a joke about how he must be shrinking in his old age... but then I thought better of it. He then started telling me about how special my wife is, and encouraging me to take good care of her. It was really cool.
Most of the time when I am able to remember my dream, I am able to explain why I was dreaming about what I was. In this case, President Hinkley has been in the news quite a bit latley due to his recent hospitalization. It was sunday night so a spiritually related dream would make sense. However I don't know why we were in that building or why I was leading a group of young guys around. Like I said, I don't try to find meaning in my dreams, but I will of course take good care of Virginia, because she is special.
But, speaking of dreams and Virginia. She is always having crazy dreams. Most of the time they are kind of depressing. For instance, drowning babies, tsunami's and getting married to her brother (that one was really wierd). I guess it could be that she just remembers almost all of her dreams so it just seems like her dreams are really strange... but then again when was the last time you heard someone say "I had the most normal dream last night.."
DAVE
P.S. While I was on hold again I was scrolling through some blogs and I found this one. http://little-snowflake.blogspot.com/ I don't know why but I found it really entertaining. I suspect that this girl has some help, but who knows maybe she's just a good writer.

No comments: