

Well, Virginia and I are back from our honeymoon and trip to Washington. We got back on the 29th in the afternoon. I had been calling my landlord for months before the wedding and making sure that we were going to have new carpet in our place when we got back, but to my dismay when I opened the door I found the same old crappy carpet. So that was a bad start to our return to Provo. I called my landlord and let him know how disappointed I was, and he said that he would call the carpet guy. It really sucked because we could not move into our bedroom because we would have to move everything out again when the new carpet came. So we had all our stuff from both receptions, the bedroom and all of Virginia's stuff in the living room (see picture above). The next day my landlord called and said that carpet was going to be put in that day and when I got home from work the carpet guy (Raul, a little Mexican guy) was there putting in the new stuff. Virginia and I stay up until about 3 moving our stuff into the bedroom and unpacking wedding gifts. That same night we also went to Bed Bath and Beyond and spent about $70 worth of gift cards on stuff for the bathroom and closet (see pictures below).


We are pretty much moved in now, but I think it will take a while to get more comfortable with where everything is. Our new carpet in a dark green, and it's 100% better than the old stuff. The landlord said that we would also be getting new hard flooring (pergo, the fake wood stuff) in the rest of the house to replace the burber carpet in the living room and tile in the kitchen and bathroom. So that will be pretty nice, if it ever happens. Below is a picture of what our new
carpet looks like.


Saturday night Virginia and I went to Virginia's friend's house for a New Years Eve/Venezuela party. It was pretty funny, there were about 5 or 6 couple there and I was the only guy who hadn't served a mission in Venezuela and married a Venezuelan girl. I spent most of my time playing with Roger (the 4 year old son of the party hosts see picture below)

but I did do a little booty shaking, aka dancing, with my wife (which made her extremely happy).
As you may be able to tell I have been enjoying my new digital camera. In the future I hopefully will be able to post short video clips on this site.
Also in case you were wondering, the wedding and receptions were really great. Thanks again to all those who helped with everything (especially The Judith, KTP, Prima Donna, Aunt Susan and Candice).
The Honeymoon was also great, we stayed in Saltlake for two nights at the Hilton (Thanks Palskys!!) and then drove to Boise were we stayed at a Marriott for one night and then drove to Anacortes (with a short stop in Cov-town for supplies) where we took the ferry to Orcas Island where we spent the next four nights. We got back to my parents house on the afternoon of the 24th and stayed there until the morning of the 28th. Below are various pictures from the receptions, honeymoon and various other places. Sorry this blog has been kind of unorganized but it's been a while and my blogging skillz are rusty.





DAVE
No comments:
Post a Comment