Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Judith has been misbehaving again. Last night, I was talking to my sister on the phone about various things, but we lost our connection because she drove through a bad area. So, I called The Judith just to see how she was doing and if she enjoyed the movie she saw (Pride and Prejudice...yuck!!). Anyway, as I was just beginning to talk with her my sister called me back, and since I had not yet finished talking with her I told The Judith that KT was calling and The Judith said " oh... Ok bye." At the time I was doing it, it didn't seem bad, but thinking back on it it was kind of funny because the conversation went as follows:
Me: "Hi Mom, how are you?
TJ: "Good"
Me: "Where are you?"
TJ: "Just pulling into the garage."
Me: "Oh, well KT is calling me, I'll talk to you later."
TJ: "oh... ok bye."
Me: "bye"
So anyway, my sister got home and I had here ask my mom if she was mad at me because I wanted to talk to KT instead of her. And guess what she said????...."David who??"
Can you believe that? So, I told The Judith that I would be blogging about her. This morning as I was reminiscing about The Judith I got a good laugh when I remembered the few times I have ever heard her swear. Actually only twice in my life.
The first incident: I was coming home from school one day (I can't remember what grade I was in) and as I opened the front door to our house I saw The Judith standing over the printer to our computer, beating it with her fists and yelling "piece of sh*t!!". Apparently she was having technical difficulties, and was taking it out on the printer Steve style. It was so funny I still giggle when I think of it.
The second incident wasn't quite as funny, but still very amusing: We had an old mini-van (A Plymouth Voyager to be exact) with the fake wood paneling and all. One day we had gone out shopping to Costco or Safeway and had filled the back of the mini-van with groceries. The back of this mini-van had a hatch door that opened up so the door was over head. The hydraulics on the door had worn out or broken, and my Dad had rigged up a little wedge thing to put into the hinge so the hatch would stay open. So, as we were unloading the groceries from the back the van the wedge fell out, and the door fell about 6 inches and bonked The Judith right on her melon. "oh $H*T!!" again.
Now many of you may be thinking "Well that's not that funny, people swear all the time." All I can say to those people is that they don't know The Judith well enough to understand how out of character it is for her to swear. It's like seeing Martha Steward eat some Cheetos and then wipe her hand on her shirt. So anyway, maybe sometime I'll write about the times that I swore in front of The Judith, but right now I need to get back to work.
DAVE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When we got home The Judith said she got blogged again... and I was not expecting it to be as funny as it was. I burst out laughing and Steve came in (cuz we just got back from skiing) to see what I was laughing at. He got a kick out of today's entry and even the Steve style part I think.