When I got home I was thinking that it was wednesday and so I was looking forward to going and playing basketball for a while at the gym before I needed to pick Virginia up at her work. So I ate the dinner Virginia made me.YUMMY see below..

and then went to the gym. When I got there I saw all the lame-o-volleyball players (no offense KTP) in the gym, and realized that it's thursday. So I went upstairs and ran on the tread mill for a while and then lifted. Before I left for the gym I got a call from my freind Brian who now works at RC WILLEY (this big furniture store down here) and he told me that a couple of items came in that day that I might be interested in. So I told him that we would stop by after 9pm. So, after the gym I picked up Virginia and we went to RC WILLEY. They had this sweet lazy-boy dual reclining loveseat for only $370 (including tax). I was pretty stoked about it, because it's almost exactally what I had wanted for about $70 less. However, they had this 8'6'' foot white leather couch next to the loveseat I was looking at for about $700 (which is a good deal for the couch, but still $700 is $700). To my dismay my wife went and sat on the leather sofa and fell in love with it. So of course my lazy-boy love seat became a pile of dog poop compared to the sofa. I tried explaining that it was too much money, and that it wouldn't fit in our house (our living room is about 10'X10" and we have a pretty nice lazy-boy recliner that takes up about 3'...so you do the math), and that the color was too light and would get dirty too easily. As you might guess, my attempt to sell the lazy-boy loveseat were not recieved well, but at last she grudginly said "We'll get what YOU want." So as we walked over to the credit counter I tried to convince her that it was a good deal and would be great in our house, but she was still acting dissapointed. So I filled out the credit forms and now I need to bring in a pay stub and about $80 for a down payment. The payments will be a min. of $15 a month (which isn't bad) but there will be 21% annual interest, so we would probably try to pay abot $30 or $40 a month.
I am still considering if we are going to get it or not. I would love to have it but at the same time I can just imagine having a crabby wife everytime she see the loveseat in our living room. She told me she was fine with it, and "that it was better than sitting on the floor", which by my interpritation means "I hate it, but I guess I'll have to settle for it, but I'm not happy about." So after we got home I have been thinking about it and have not quite decided on what I am going to do. I am leaning towards not getting it at all and just waiting until somthing we can both really like. After thinking about it, I would much rather have a happy wife than a comfortable, affordable, practical loveseat. Anyway, we'll see what happens.
DAVE
2 comments:
Dave,
You would be CRAZY to sign up for anything at that high of interest rate!!! It is highway robbery.
Love, The Judith
Whatever The Judith, I would only end up paying $30 in interest if I made $30 monthly payments
Post a Comment