Friday, January 27, 2006

So I have been discussing it with a number of people today, and I have come down to two main plans of action that I can take.
1st: Wait... this plan would allow us to not only save up money for a bigger down payment, but also we might be able to find somthing that we both like. The major con for this plan is that we would be couchless for a undetermined length of time that could range from a week to a few months. The pros for this plan are (along with the afforementioned) I wouldn't have to deal with a disgruntled wife everytime she sees our livingroom.
2nd: Get it now, and tell the wife that we'll upgrage later. This plan is based on an assumption that I could sell it to my wife. The pro's for this plan are: A. that we would have a really nice Lazy-Boy made reclining loveseat NOW.... and that's pretty much it besides me being happy about it. The cons to this are not really that bad. The main one that would concern me is my wife's attitude towards the couch and more inportantly, ME. The second one is the interest on the payments we would be making. This one is not really that bad (see the comments in the previous blog) I got the following e-mail from my good frined Scotchula Jehosapht Miliamus:

I ran it through a little financing program we have and to be honest with
you it really isn't going to make a difference to you either way. Here's
the info:

Balance Monthly Pmt Int. Rate # of months until paid in full
Interest Paid
$290.00 $15.00 21.00% 14
$36.99
$290.00 $30.00 21.00% 13
$35.27
$290.00 $40.00 21.00% 12
$30.07

You get the jist. Basically you aren't going to pay jack for interest, so
it's probably worth it to save the 15-25 bucks a month for budgeting
purposes. Good luck with that. By the way, I assume you'll already know
this, but the $290 balance is the price ($370) minus your down payment.
Scott

... so as you can see the interest isn't really that big of a deal, maybe just one more payment.
As of right now I am going to wait to see if my wife will bring it up agian. I had a ward basketball game tonight. We only had 4 guys and the other team had about 9 or 10. I had about 20 points, 15 rebounds and 7 or 8 blocks but we still ended up losing by one point. It was actually kind of funny because my neighbor, Danny, got fouled with shotting a 3 with one second left. He sank the first two free throws but missed the tying one, I almost got the rebound but it was out of reach. It was a really fun game even though we lost, and that's really what's important....hahah just kidding I know that winning is the most important thing, but having fun is nice though.
We also got out new phones today in the mail, and they are up and running. It should be pretty fun to have a camera phone, and other cool features. Bellow is a picture of our new phones...


DAVE

No comments: