Sunday, February 05, 2006

Happy Birthday Popscicle!!
It's a day late, but this is a birthday blog for my Dad.
When I was younger, my Dad was busy a lot. Working at Boeing, ward callings, honey-do lists and yard work kept him busy most of the time. I was also "busy" a lot with sports, friends and other stuff. However, every once in a while he would set time apart to take me into downtown Kent, to the A&W rootbeer stand. They had "all you can drink frosty mugs" and we would have contests to see how many mugs we could drink. At the time it seemed like I could drink seven or eight of them, but I'm sure it was only two or three. These were some of the best times I had with my Dad. We would talk about mostly anything, but my favorite, was when he would tell me about when he was young. He would talk about his Dad, and how he like to hunt and fish and stuff like that. I guess he never realized it, but it always made me jealous of him, because those were things that I always wanted to do with him. Looking back on it, we didn't really live in a area where we could do that kind of stuff, plus, with time and money constraints it really wasn't as easy as I imagined it. We would talk about other stuff too, my friends, church and sometimes he would have cool little facts about random stuff that I always liked to hear. He would tell me about his time in the Airforce, and about the places he was stationed in. I remember him telling me about when he was stationed in the Philippines during Vietnam, and how he would flirt with the little Filipino girls. I always thought that was really funny for some reason.
Anyways, even though it's a day late I just wanted to say.
Happy Birthday DAD, I LOVE YOU.

DAVE

No comments: