Monday, February 06, 2006

Tonight we had a basketball game agiants a pretty good team. We ended up winning pretty convincingly. I had a really good first half, but my second half was not that special. Plus, I missed all four of my free-throws!!! So I guess that means that I am 6-10 in the last two games. Our big guy (Russ) came to this game. It was his first game with us in long time. We've played that last four or five games without him, but it was nice to have him there because he's HUGE. I think we can play with him if we just focus on moving without the ball because he's a pretty good passer too. However, like I've said before we tend to stand around and watch him when he gets the ball. Anyway, today I was pretty much a lazy pile of trash...I slept in took Virginia to school, cleaned the house a bit, and applied for a couple of jobs online. Other than that I just dinked around the house, read some blogs and played video games. So, yeah I was pretty much worthless. I think that I am a little depressed about not having a job right now, but keep telling myself to be patient, but it's hard when Virginia is so busy with work and school and I have nothing. I guess I should do my taxes tomorrow, that should keep me busy for a while.
Oh, I almost forgot to post "PRIME TIME DIMES " stats from the game tonight. 8 turn-overs, 2 points, 1 assist, 1 block and 2 rebounds... hahaha just kidding...well mostly, I think he did have a lot of turn-overs, but other than that he played a pretty solid game. He had a sweet dunk on a fastbreak. I was sitting on the bench in front of his wife when he did it, and his wife was like "woo" but really un-enthusiastically, and I was like "that's it???...what was that? I could barley hear that." It was pretty funny. I hope she knows that I was just joking around. Also , another funny thing happened during the game. One of my teammates got fouled on a three point shot. I guess the guy on the other team didn't realize that it was a three shot foul, so on the second shot he just rams into my teammate (trying to box him out), but he was just like "umm.. there three shots" and then I turned to the guy next to me (I've played with him before at 24 hour, so I kind of know him) and said "I was about to say, this isn't Brokeback basketball, but that wouldn't be appropriate". We both had a good laugh. Speaking of Brokeback, my friend PTD has a link to an interesting article about it on his blog: http://fragtality.blogspot.com/
Well that's all for tonight.
DAVE

1 comment:

Luke said...

Hey thanks for the recognition. I really enjoyed your post. I am gonna have to get my wife to read this and see what she says. Don't worry she won't get offended. Take care bud. Good luck on the job hunt.