Friday, March 17, 2006

I just got home from my basketball game. It was a really good one. We came from about 15 pts behind and won by about 6 or seven. We played my friend Robbie's team. He played really well and scored a lot in the first half, but then in the second half his retarded team didn't give him the ball anymore. Thinking about it, it was a really weird game. The ref's were really inconsistent. For example, I was shooting a lay-up and a guy swung at the ball but missed (me and the ball), and the ref called a foul on him. Then another time I got hit really hard right on the arm as I was shooting and there was no call. I also had a really obvious "over-the-back" play on Robbie, but again no call. Anyway, after the game Virginia and I went to Cafe Rio and got a Shredded Chicken Salad...yummmm!!! Then i dropped her off at her friend Pilar's house so she could study for her upcoming New Testament test. I work tomorrow morning, and so I am going to miss our church basketball game. I think the other guys on the team are feeling pretty bad about their chances of winning. However they have a pretty high seed, so they should play a pretty bad team.
Work has been going pretty well, I am pretty much able to do everything I need to do without asking for help from anyone (which is really nice). We have a lady at my work named Connie. She is really nice, but a terrible worker. She is always leaving things half finished, trying to get other people to do her job, giving help when it isn't wanted, and stuff like that. Anyway, then we have this girl Jenny. She reminds me so much of my cousins the Palsky's it's creepy. She is always trying to do 10 things at once and keeping her self in a moderately controlled frenzy. So when she works with Connie, it's very entertaining. Jenny thinks that everyone should be doing as much as herself, so when she is with Connie (who can't complete one simple task without someone holding her hand) it very entertaining. I really think that Jenny thinks Connie is just lazy and un-focused. However, in reality she is just retarded... that's why she doesn’t bother me at all. You can get mad at a retard for being retarded. That would be like getting mad at a monkey for throwing their poo, or getting mad at a dog for licking itself. That's just what they do, and you shouldn't be surprised when it happens, even though it's not what you want. So stay tuned to see if there is more drama.
Well I have to go pick up Virginia now...
DAVE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with your view on Connie and Jenni. In fact the analogy of the monkey and dog makes so much sense that I will from now on be a tad bit more tolerant of Connie! Thanks Dave!