11 years ago
Thursday, January 18, 2007
It was the best of omelets, and it was the worst of omelets... Tuesday night was omelet night here at the hospital. It's a bi-monthly thing they do here for the staff that works the late shift. Rex and Mike (the omlette guru's) set up a big table and 4 skillets and make cheap omelets with almost anything you could want it them. In the past I usually just got a traditional style omelet with just some peppers and ham and stuff, but on Tuesday I got the special Chicken Fajita omelet with chicken, bell peppers, mushrooms, jalapenos, guacamole, sour cream, salsa and a few other things that I can't remember. It was delicious. I ate the whole thing in like five minutes. I remember thinking that it was one of the best omelets that I have ever had.... but when I woke up at 8:30am the next morning I knew something was wrong. DISCLAIMER: Do not read the following if you are eating. I was laying in bed feeling really sick when I had a really gross tasting burp that I could distinctly taste jalapeno and stomach acid, and I thought to myself "oh no, this is not going to be pretty". Not only did I feel sick, but all my muscle were feeling really sore. I remembered feeling like this when I was visiting my friend Scott's house in Rexburg and I ate a really doughy pizza that wasn't cooked enough. I got pretty bad food poisoning then as well. So I hobbled into the bathroom and started to wait. I thought for a while that I might just be able to tough it out since nothing was coming out for a while. But then, out of no were, the heaving started to come. At first it was just a feeling like I really wanted to barf, but then I really did start to barf. The first wave was a mixture of yellow slime and what looked like green peppers, mushrooms and jalapenos. Let me tell you, the jalapenos were the worst because they were still spicy on the way out. Gross... I know. Anyway, as I was saying the first wave was not very productive. I would guess only about a half of a cup of vomit altogether. The second wave was a little more productive, probably about 1 and 1/2 cups. I felt much better after throwing up and thought I would be able to get back to sleep since I had the day off, so I took some ibuprofen and went back to bed with a garbage can next to me just in case. But I only slept for about 1/2 hour before I was up and worshiping at the porcelain throne again. This time was way better than the first. I barfed a lot! Probably about 4 or five cups. After that I was feeling much better, although still pretty sore, but I was able to go back to bed. I ended up sleeping until about 5:30pm. Then I made the mistake of thinking it was a good idea to and play in my city league basketball game at 9:30. After the game I could barley move I was so sore. So I took some NyQuil and slept until about 5pm the next day. After that I felt pretty good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sorry you were sick, but that was WAY TOO MUCH INFO!
The Nhoj
Post a Comment