Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Good News!! I have officially been accepted into the Weber State University Radiological Technology Program. The interview was last Thursday. It was really short and went well. I heard Monday through the grapevine that I had been accepted, but I receive the official letter today. I am not tremendously excited about it, but I am glad that I will now have something productive to do rather than just working. It starts at the end of August, so I need to finish up my Anatomy and Physiology classes before then. Other than that we do not have a whole lot of new news. Virginia is having her finals this week and is doing well. When we are not studying or at work we have been watching the BBC series Planet Earth. It's like a movie quality version of a national geographic show in high-def. This Saturday we are planning on going down to the sand dunes about 2 hours south of Provo and riding 4-wheelers with a guy I know from work and his family. It will be nice to get out of Provo and go see some other parts of the state. I think this summer I am going to try and plan some trips to Zions Nation Park, Arches National Park and maybe even the Grand Canyon. Neither of us has ever been to any of these places and it would be a shame if we left Utah before seeing them. If you have been to any of these places please post a comment and give us some tips about when to go and what to do and see.
DAVE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being accepted into the radiology program! What a guy. What a man. Now you can officially know what you are talking about in the office all day long.

If you ever say "Zions" national park again, I will be forced to kill you. It is, as every rational person does, that it is Zion National Park, no "s". That would be Zion's Bank. Not Zions Park. Say it with me. Zion Park Zion Park Zion Park. Ah, is that not more betterer?

Anonymous said...

Have you been taping planet earth? WIll it be available to friends and co-workers? It is a wonderful series.

Best place to hike in Zion National Park is to Angel's Landing. You get to go past refrigerator canyon, up Walter's Wiggles, past Scout's lookout (lots of chipmunks here so bring a treat for them) and finally up the scary, chain-protected path up to the landing itself. Very pretty and worth the couple hour hike. The temple of Sinewava trail is nice...very flat and peaceful and calm. The Narrows, if you have a full day to devote to hard climbing through water and slot canyons. And the easy trail of weeping rock. If you have time, try the upper and lower emerald pools.

Anonymous said...

And if you go to arches, take the hike up to delicate arch (the one that is on e the Utah license plate). It is up and up and far away, but a good hike, pleanty of beautiful sandstone along the way, lots of people from various countries to talk to.
ALso consider going to Goblin Valley and Little Wild Horse Canyon, which is close to Goblin Valley.

Anonymous said...

Be sure to visit Kolob Canyon (exit is between St George and Cedar City...closer to Cedar) which is officially part of Zion Park. There is the East Rim Trail which connects Kolob to Zion--usually an overnight hike. Very pretty and quiet and one can commune with nature, reflect and ponder on nice things.
If you do not do this hike, at least drive up into Kolob Canyons, for they are awesome to behold.