Monday, April 09, 2007

I guess that since I give all my blogging friends such a hard time for not updating their own blogs I should at least do my own once in a while. So last week was a very busy week for us. We had Virginia's interview on Monday. It was about how I thought it was going to be. We just showed up at the scheduled time, waited about 30min. and then went in with a guy to his office and showed him a bunch of pictures that we had (our wedding photos etc...) and also some of the other things that both our names are on, checking account, phone bill, etc.. and then he asked a series of 14 questions some of which were: Have you ever been put in jail? Have you ever been a prostitute? Have you ever helped someone enter the country illegally? Have you ever smuggled drug? Do you have more than one husband? Do you have ties with the communist party? Have you ever sought to harm the US government? and a bunch of other questions along those same lines. Of course Virginia answered no to all of them. Then he told us that we passed the interview and that we would get her new card in the mail in about 10 days. The guy that did the interview was really nice, I think he had MS because he was definitely disabled, he walked like a penguin in a really tight skirt, not making fun of him it was just interesting. After the interview we went over to a Venezuelan restaurant for a celebratory lunch of traditional Venezuelan food. It was not as good as I thought it would be, plus it was kind of pricey, but Virginia really liked it so I that made it all worth it.


Tuesday, I had my court date. I got there about a half an hour early. I drove my car, but had to park kind of far away because I was paranoid that I would get in trouble for driving with an suspended license. Right before we got started I wished I had shaved off my goatee because when the bailiffs brought in all the people in chains. I noticed that I was the only with facial hair that wasn't in chains. Luckily I was able to talk to the prosecutor before things got started and kind of worked out a deal with him to just pay a $250 fine and be done with the whole thing. I also showed him the letter I got from the state saying that my license was suspended. He seemed kind of confused about it. So when I went before the judge I told him what happened and he saw the letter from the state and said that I should not have received a suspension. So I guess to make it easier for me they just set my pre-trial for the next month and gave me a note saying that I was not prosecuted for the ticket yet. I faxed the letter to the DMV and after two days and a ton of phone calls I got it worked out.
Also last week Virginia and I continued our hard core work outs. I realized that I am a out of shape bum. I nearly died from running a mile in 8 minutes, but now I can do it somewhat easily after just two weeks of running.
This last weekend we went shopping on Saturday and to an award dinner for Virginia's work. She won the most dedicated award (a Moppy to be exact, kind of like the Dundies if you have ever watched The Office). Her friend Pilar also brought a date. I felt sorry for the poor guy because there were some really awkward moments for him there.


After the dinner we were a little bored so we went over to a field near our place and golfed for a little while.

Sunday we drove up to Bountiful and had an Easter dinner that was fabulous and had a little easter egg hunt for the kiddles. This Thursday I have my interview for the radiology tech program, so hopefully that will go well. That's all for now.



No comments: