Saturday, August 11, 2007

Well, it's been a while and since I usually give all my blogging friends a hard time about not posting to their own blogs I guess I should not be a hypocrite and make one of my own. The last few weeks have been pretty busy for me. I remember when I was going to school and only working part time it seemed that I had all the free time in the world. I would go to bed whenever I wanted usually after 1am. and would never be tiered because I could take a nap almost any time I wanted. Now the story is quite different. About 2 1/2 weeks ago I went into work and was called into the bosses office, at the time I was an installer and had only been doing that for about a month, anyway, the boss told me that I was fired... ha ha just kidding, but really he told me that they were promoting me to be a member of the tech department. This was great for me because after my first tour around the company I was kind of drawn to that side of things anyway. Plus it was a pretty good raise, and that is never a bad thing. So for the last few weeks I have been getting trained by Matt (my former fence building boss) on how to use the CNC machine (it's a Northwood 158)



and also how to write the CAD programs for it. I have only been really writing the programs for it for a couple of days but I am really enjoying it so far. The only thing that I would change right now about work is how much time I am spending there. I start at 7am and usually get off at around 7:30pm. So, not much time for extracurricular activities. However, last weekend we did get a chance to go over to Lehi to a friends house and also up to Thanksgiving Point to see that gardens and shops.



We were going to go the dinosaur museum but it was more than we wanted to spend to get in. In other news I have decided to start to read books again, I seem to go on reading sprees every other year where I will read a lot for a few months and then not read at all for a long time. Anyway, please let me know some of your favorite books, especially classics. The first one on my list (actually the only one right now) is Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. Mostly because I think his TV show is really cool (No Reservations on the Travel Channel).
DAVE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, here I am, at work, doing a nuclear scan and I think, "Hey! What is hap-pen-nin' with ole Dave?" So I pull up his blog and check it out. Sweet. Good to see you again, old bud-dy!

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (yes,they made a book out of it!)

Jack London stuff (Call of the Wild, White Fang)

Poetry by (brain cramp)..Robert Service.

Anything by Peter Hathaway Capstick...does great African Adventure stories, true life, that will scare the excrement out of you. Plus they are funny.

Sci-fi..Heinlein, Alan Dean Foster, Asimov, "Jumper" by Steve Gould, cool history stuff by Stephen Jay Gould.

I hear there are some books out there about a young wizard, but I have not read them. Some dufus with a scar on his head.

Anyway, we miss you here. Nobody comes and eats our gum anymore.
Oh and while you still my thousands of DVDs, burn a copy of "Electric Dreams" off isohunt. There is only one link to it and we are losing our cable in a week or so.

Have a wonderful time. Bry in the office says "hey" and is sad you did not go on the hike with him, you flake.

Kevo says "Whassup, dawg. Does it smell like updog in here?" What a silly child.