Yesterday we went and saw the Bourne Ultimatum, and it was AWESOME!!! I think I may have to buy the whole series when it comes out on DVD now. It was one of the few movie trilogies that get better and better. There was only one point in the entire movie that I was like "yeah right, that's not possible". It was during a chase scene where Bourne was on a motorbike and he jumped up a 6 foot wall just using a curb as a ramp, and for a movie with as much action as that one had it was pretty amazing that I only saw one case where I thought it was unrealistic. What I really liked about it (other than the intense fight scenes) was that it tied all the movies together and helped you understand things in the first two movies in an intelligent way. If you have seen it, you know what I am talking about. Anyway, not much else is going on, work is going well, I have been pretty much just working on the technical side of things at work this last week, and I really like it. I work with a program called Aphacam. It's basically a type CAD program that is used for making designs for our CNC machines. Even though I am usually working from 8am to 8pm I am enjoying my job to an unusually high degree. It may be due to the fact that I feel like I am being challenged, or that there is a respectable level of professionalism or a number of other reasons, but the bottom line is that I like my job. I am also improving my Spanish speaking skill quite a bit, which is also a bonus. In other news I am half way through "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain. It is not really a book that makes you think about life or anything, but it is funny and entertaining. Thanks to all of you who have given my suggestions for future reads. I have narrowed down my choices for what I will read next to 3: "Into the Wild" Jack London, "Fahrenheit 451" Ray Bradbury, "A Brave New World" Adulous Huxley. I am kind of leaning towards the last two since I really enjoyed 1984 and Animal Farm. So please let me know if you have read either of them and what you thought.
DAVE
11 years ago
6 comments:
I think that you should read The Devil Wears Prada, and maybe some Danielle Steele books, those have been some of my faves. I can bring them when I come to visit! KT poo
No, I don't have any good books to read cause the books I read are either Dr. Seuss, yes I am still reading them only this time I have the excuse to read them to my kids, and my school books. Now movies, I can go for. Have not seen the new Bourne yet but if there are two movies I want to see is Bourne and Transformers. Transformers was wickedly awsome. It is about time the Air Force got some movie time.
I would go for "Fahrenheit 451" first of all. Although you might like "Dandelion Wine" better, also by Bradbury. Dr Seuss is alsways a good thing to read. You can read him in the can, on the bed, you can read him everywhere!
Thanks for the movie review of the Bourne Ultimatum. To do justice, you should read those books.
Glad you are happy at your work. Nuc Med rocks!
Bourne was a very decorative movie... yes, ..stuff blowing everywhere in an artistic way...
Farenheit 451
Dave? Dave? Are you there? It is September and you have not written anything. Oh where for art thou, Dave?
Post a Comment