So that first night we just hung out at the apartment because Mariu had gone into labor and the ghetto Canadian hospitals are not visitor friendly at all. The next morning was more waiting for news from the hospital.
It was afternoon before we finally got new that we could go to the hospital to see Mariu and Jeff. When we got there the baby was in lock down (aka the nursery with no viewing area) but we were able to see Mariu and Jeff.
Since the labor took a really long time, over 12 hours, Mariu had to stay in the hospital for a while so after we visited for a while we went out to see some of the city with the parents. Here we are at the Planetarium:
Here I am with my kids... I mean my in-laws LOL.
After the Planetarium we went over to the botanical gardens and the insectarium.
Here was my favorite exhibit at the insectarium.
After the gardens we made another trip back to the Hospital.
One of the few good things about that hospital was the view from Mariu's room.
and were able to see little Camila for the first time. She was 2.5 kilos and 50cm when she was born.
The next morning is when Camila was able to be out of the nursery with Mariu.
The next day Virginia and I ventured into downtown Montreal to shop and eat. Here is Virginia going down to the Metro (subway).
As Jeff was giving us instructions to get into the downtown shopping area he told me to go west after we got off the metro in a certain spot. However, since I had no compass I didn't really know which way was west. I started to sense that we took a wrong turn when I started to notice a trend of mostly mens clothing stores and little rainbow flags, and then there was this store/club front:
So, yes, we were in the gay district of Montreal. However we found this really nice restaurant called "Food" and had some really good food.
The next day we went back to the hospital for another visit with Mariu and the baby.
After the hospital we visited St. Joseph's Cathedral and also a look out point above Montreal.
Later that day we went to Notre Dame Cathedral. It was very impressive.
Here a a few of the last pictures before we left on Thursday morning.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great trip. I love the pictures, especially you with the "kids" Dave. Glad you got to meet them finally. Tell Virginia hi for me!
Post a Comment