This last week I finished two books, Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain and The Diary of Anne Frank. I had been mulling through kitchen confidential for a while now but since work is slow I finally had the chance to finish it. It was a pretty entertaining read, but at times it got a little too into the specifics of cooking and preparing food. Half of the things in the book regarding cooking I had no idea what he was talking about, but I guess it's a book more geared towards people who have some professional cooking experience. The Diary of Anne Frank was very interesting. It's about a young Jewish girl in Holland during WWII. It mostly takes place in a annex of a business building where a group of Jews are in hiding from the Nazi's. After a while the repetitive themes of her entries gets old, there's only so much I can take about how she's so in love with this boy or how no one understands her or everyone is picking on her, but at times it was very entertaining and funny. I just ordered Fahrenheit 451, so we'll see how that it.
DAVE
11 years ago
1 comment:
Wow cool books. I just finished the Halo trilogy by Eric Nyland based off the xbox video game. Pretty sweet stuff. Not as historical or thought provoking as your books but if we're ever invaded by a parasitic race I know the best weapon to fight em off with is the shotgun. Beat that!
Post a Comment