Wednesday, July 02, 2008

This is part of a user review that I found on Yahoo for the movie WALL-E, which V and I saw this last weekend:
The story is also seriously flawed by the lack of development of its main character, especially since the other characters are all better developed. Wall-E is a blatant mix of ET and Johnny 5 of "Short Circuit." He bounces back and forth acting and looking like these two characters and never develops a personality of his own. This could easily have been done by letting him talk to his cockroach friend during the opening sequence instead of relying solely on boring pantomine to set the stage.

The movie also owes a good part of its storyline to Bradbury's "The Pedestrian," as well as to previous stories about environmental disaster reaching back to Noah and the Ark. Am I the only one who sees Eve as the dove returning to the Ark with a spray of vegetation?

I was expecting a lot more from this movie than it delivered. I was hoping for a cute memorable new character, not a rehash of a couple of existing ones. I would have had a better time watching "ET" and "Short Circuit" again. I'm also disappointed with the critics for not realizing just how derivate this movie really is.

So please if you are going to go to a movie, please don't see this one.
DAVE

1 comment:

JenEricFamily said...

Too Late, I already took Caleb, and I loved the whole thing. I thought it was great! Sorry you were dissapointed!