Sunday, May 30, 2010

Second verse,same as the first.


About 2 weeks ago I sold my 1980 Honda CB900 that I had bought and did a bit of cosmetic work on. I got a little more than double what I paid for it, which was nice, but I was really sad to see it go. So I started looking around and found this bike on KSL classifieds. As you can see it needs a new paint job, and some other cosmetic work. I might also do some work to restore it to a more original state since the previous owners put on some custom carbs and after market pipes. I think it improved the lower end performance at the cost of higher end power. I am thinking about doing the exact same paint job that I did on the last one since I liked it so much, unless I get a better idea. V suggested red, but I think I like the simplicity of white and black. Hopefully uncle Rex will be willing to do the paint job for me again after I get everything all prepared.


The Judith and Nhoj are in town this weekend and it has been so nice to have them around. It make a huge difference to have some extra able hands around the house to give V and I some time to do some other things like re-organize the shed and take a spin on the motorcycle. Also we have been grilling up a storm on the new grill that I bought about a two weeks ago. Yesterday we grilled shrimp and steak and today we did some chicken with my friend Matt's amazing BBQ sauce. It's so nice to be able to get outside and not mess up the kitchen so much.

Eva has been addicted to her favorite cartoon Pocoyo that she watches on youtube. It's kind of fun to watch it with her since it's one of the few things in Spanish that I can mostly understand.

Penny had been quite the well behaved baby until her teeth started bothering her yesterday. She's been sleeping mostly through the night, only waking up once around 2am to eat, which has been a big improvement.

V has been an exercising maniac. Since getting our gym pass about two weeks ago she has been going almost everyday, including Saturday. She has been about 10 times, while I have only gone twice... I just don't really want to exercise like I used to, mostly because I have so many other things that I had to do, but also because I am lazy.
Hopefully I can finish the bike in a few weeks and have some sweet after pictures.
DAVE

3 comments:

derek said...

Looks like you could use a razor on that melon of yours. Looks like you shaved it down but I recommend taking it down to the skin.

Nice motorcycle by the way

The family looks great. How old is Penny now. Can't wait to see her and the rest of the family. Emily and I will be there at the end of June to do some house hunting. I will give you a call and hope we can meet up.

take care

Ramos

Scott said...

nice man. tell your parents to get back here..i need to soak up some of that grandparent love. hahaha. you should come back up here while you're at it.

Anne said...

I can't believe how big your girls are getting, they're so cute!

Really though, I'm jealous you're not grilling next door to us anymore. Ben will attest that your BBQ was pretty much the only source of red meat he had while we were in school!