Me: Did you get that?
V:No...
Me: Ok, knock, knock...
V: What?
Me: Knock, knock.
V:Huh?
Me: Don't you know what a "knock knock" joke is?
V: No...
Me: One person says "knock knock" then other person says "who's there", then the first person says something, then the second person says "something who." OK?
V:OK
Me: knock knock
V: Who's there?
Me: Interrupting cow.
V:(a confused look followed by) huh?
Me: MOOOO... huh? but you didn't, you're supposed to...ugh. never mind.
V: I don't get it.
It was pretty funny.
Another funny story...
Monday I had Scott and kids and Derek and his kids and wife over for a BBQ. Things were going great until late in the afternoon Eva had a fit and so we put her into her room for a much needed nap. About and hour later V comes to me and says "I can't open Eva's door." Eva's door has two locks on it. One is the regular twist type that you can easily open from the outside with your finger nail, the other is a slide bolt that you can only open from the inside. I quickly found that she had locked the slide lock. I went to our neighbors and borrowed their ladder only to find that Eva's window was also locked. So, I really had now choice except to try and break the door/lock. After unsuccessfully trying to use a hammer on the door, I decided to just kick the door in. Keep in mind that Derk, Emily, Scott and V were all watching me. So I braced myself and gave the door a good hard kick. Unfortunately, the wall that I braced myself against was no where near as strong as the door, and my entire back went through that wall behind me with a crunch. I immediately realized what happened, but not until I leaned forward exposing the 2'X3' hole in the wall did everyone else. Of course they all instantly went into hysterical laughter, not that I can blame them for that. It was one of those things were all you could do was laugh. I also noted the fact that it was most likely Derek's fault, since when he is around things tend to get broken... by me. Anyway, I did end up kicking the door in and rescuing a very traumatized Eva.
One more for the memory books I guess.
Dave
2 comments:
you forgot to put the picture of the massive wall hole that I sent you. you're lame if you're too embarrassed to post it.
This post is too funny. Love the joke with V and the pic of the wall! Wow!
Post a Comment