Monday, April 04, 2011

I bought a compression tester the other day for the Goldwing and here are the results...

As you can see they are pretty consistent with each other, which is a good thing. After validating that all the cylinders are getting good compression I took it down to Garrett Honda in Nephi (I had some good recommendations for that shop) last Friday to get the carbs cleaned. It was an beautiful day and V followed me with Penny while Eva played in the park some neighbors. Even with the bike really only running on 3 cylinders it had a good amount of power. I cruised at about 75-80 mph most of the way down with no problems. The only problem is, when I called and asked about bringing it in, they didn't tell me there was a big backlog of work for them and they won't be able to get to it for a while. I guess it's no big deal since two days after taking it down there on a 72 degree afternoon it snowed about 3'' at our house,so I wouldn't be doing any riding either way.

Yesterday, I decided to do some modification on my cabinet that holds my desktop to allow more air flow since it has been overheating and slowing the performance. I started by using my jigsaw to cut a large hole in the side where I put a new vent on, then I cut the hole in the top out larger. I used to have the printer, router, and phone base on the top of the cabinet but since I cut the hole larger I need to install a shelf above the cabinet. I used a stud finder to figure out where to attach the "L" brackets for the shelf, but when I started to drill I ran into a bit of a problem. Actually, it was a water line coming from the hot water heater. So after a nice spray in the face of hot water and maybe a bad word or two I rushed down the crawl space and turned off the water main. V came running in because she thought one of the creatures got hurt, but when she saw the water spraying from the wall "you idiot, I thought one of the kids got hurt" was all she said. After turning off the water, I cut a small square out of the dry wall and saw that the hole I drilled was right above an "L" joint. I took some pictures and left for Home Depot. The guy in the plumbing department was really good and hooked me up with every thing I needed for the repair. Luckily it was easier than I thought it would be. All I had to do was cut the PEX pipe and pull it down over the "L" joint and crimp a new brass ring around it. Now all I have to do is fix the hole in the dry wall. I finished up the shelf and am happy to say that the computer is running much cooler and better.
DAVE

1 comment:

D-Money said...

Mongoloid!