Monday, February 03, 2014

As you saw in the last post, I now have a sweet wood stove that I put into the basement to help save on our heating bill, but it also was a fun project. I bought it off craigslist for $140 and ended up spending about another $135 for everything from chimney pipe to tile for the hearth. I wish I would have taken some better before pictures...
I took the entire stove apart and either ground or sand blasted the rust off. I also had to replace almost all the fire bricks inside, replace and attach new chimney pipe, build a hearth, polish up the door and refinish the wood handle on the door.
I still need to make the final trim of the carpet and figure out what to do with the back wall, but I have had it going quite a bit over the last week and it seems to make a big difference in how often and how long the heat pump for the house comes on.

Dave

No comments: