Sunday, November 01, 2015

Home Sweet Home...

After a very long and arduous journey we have finally reached our destination and are once again home owners. Four and a half years ago when we were forced to short sale our house in Utah I didn't imagine that it would have taken such a long time before we were once again in a house of our own. We made a few offers on other houses and waited for a few other short sales that eventually fell through, but when we found this house which was a bankruptcy / short sale situation I was really excited because it was the first house that had everything we both wanted. We initially looked at the house back in late February of 2015, and at the time there were multiple renters living in it. We made an offer of the asking price and the waiting began. If you look at my post from the end April you can see a picture of the house and my prophetic predictions about the many months we would have to wait. I won't get into the details of the roller coast ride it was waiting to find out if we would get the house, but there were some very stress filled days. Near the end of the process there were times when I thought my head was going to explode. However, the waiting finally paid off and we closed.
It has been decided that we will paint the house before we move in and have been working on it for a few days already. Thanks to some excellent foresight by myself I had been asking my brother for the last few years to instead of buying me a birthday or Christmas present to paint a room for us when we get a house. Dad has been working on various projects throughout the house fixing, replacing and refurbishing countless items.

The previous section was written  on 10-24-15

Our first night in our house was last night and it is finally starting to feel like a home. Granted there are tons of boxes everywhere, but it's manageable. I don't really have many pictures of the house yet, but I will post some when I get some good ones. However, here are a few from the last few weeks.
 The two witches at the ward Halloween party
 Eva hanging out in the back yard.
 The Judith getting home after a long trip to Abu Dhabi
On the way to church with the cool crew.
Dave

No comments: