So we decided to take on last big camping trip before the end of summer to the North Cascade National Park. I had never been there before, but everything I heard about it was good so we picked a weekend with our friends Dave and Tini. Luckily Dave and Tini were able to leave on Wednesday and able to get us an awesome spot right next to theirs and the bathrooms. We went on a few hikes, canoe trips and some hiking. V says it's one of her favorite camping spots so far.
Rig packed up and ready to roll!
Diablo Lake in the morning.
This was at the top of the Thunder Knob trail. I was mistaken and thought this was a 1 mile hike, but it turned out to be 3.6 miles. We ended up getting back to camp well after dark, but the girls were awesome troopers. The officially claimed and named Marshall Island. 27 paces across and 115 paces long.
One evening Eva and Penny even felt brave enough to jump into the frigid lake that is fed by glacial runoff.
When we got home my pizza steel had arrived and I promptly made our first pizza on it.
And of course the requisite first day of school pictures.
Dave




















No comments:
Post a Comment