Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Last night my city league team lost for the first time. It was a really close game and even went into over time. We had a pretty big first half lead, but our offense got stagnant in the second half. Plus thier star player blew up in the second half, he probably had about 30 points in the game (I had actually played with the guy at Rick's, he was on the school team). We just didn't have a guard to defend him. Also our 6'10'' guy had a pretty bad game, I think he had only like 4 to 8 points with 3-6 tunrovers, but he did have about 8 blocks, 6 on the same guy. I played pretty well in the first half but only ended up with about 14 points.
Well, only 18 days left until "The Big Day". So much has happened in the last few months. I proposed on September 4th of this year at the grounds in front of the Bountiful Temple. It was a sunny Sunday afternoon. We had attened church with my Aunt, and her son Eric blessed his first child. I told Virginia that it was going to be a while before lunch would be ready so we should drive around. We drove up to Temple and found a nice spot in front (since the grounds were closed on sunday), but the grass was wet, so we sat on the curb. I had gone to L.A. the week before (I told her that I was going fishing for the day with my uncle in northern utah,)to get the ring, and on the flight home I wrote her a letter about how I felt about her and some of the good times that I remebered having with her. So as we sat on the curb I read her this letter (I don't care what you heard, I didn't cry like a little girl!!). The letter ended with "...but I need to be honest with you. Last saturday I didn't go fishing with my uncle in Northern Utah..." Then I said " I went to California to get this for you" and I showed her the ring, and yadah yadah.. you know the rest. Below is a picture of us just after my proposal. I just got the pictures developed, so that's what prompted the story.
Anyway, my next city league game is Wednesday night and, if we win our first game we have a second the same night.

No comments: