Virginia and I went to Sears last night to register some more, but we didn't really find anything that interested us that much, we will probably go to Bed, Bath and Beyond this weekend to finish up with registering. I think that I am getting kind of burnt out with wedding stuff, not that I have really had that much to do, but last night after we went to Sears we were walking around the mall (provo towne center) looking for wedding shoes for Virginia for what seemed like 4 hours (probably about 25 minutes). I think it might have been all the time I had spent in traffic that day or just being in the mall (not my favorite place in the world), but when a sales guy asked me if he could help with anything I wanted to say "Do you have a gun to shoot me with?". I think I finally understand all the jokes old married men make about shoe shopping with their wives. We would walk into a store filled with shoes, and Virginia would walk down two rows (out of 20) and proclaim that they didn't have anything she wanted. Now first of all, her wedding dress she will be wearing will not only cover her feet, but it will drag on the floor. No one will ever see if she even had shoes on. However, I know that it's a special day for her and that she wants to feel pretty and all that girly stuff, but she would want me to come and look at shoes she didn't even want to get. Then we started talking about something we were divided on, and I was trying to understand her point of view. I can even remember what it was, but I do remember what I said to her (thinking back on it, it seems pretty funny now) "In the future when I am trying to see things your way just say to me "I am a woman, and my brain doesn't work by logic or reason, and if you try to understand me you will just end up confused and frustrated. So, just accept if I don't like it, I don't like it." This way we will avoid lots of pointless discussion." I don't know if she thought it was that funny, she kind of didn't talk to me for a while, but I thought it was pretty good...but then again I thought when I said, "Beggars can't be choosers" referring to the poor quality of food at soup kitchen for homeless people that my youth group was doing a service project at, was pretty funny too. Anyway, I think you get my point.
DAVE
11 years ago
1 comment:
Dave,
I think you are going to be spending a lot of time sleeping on the couch.
What If... you repented of what you said?! It possibly could be taken as insensitive and chauvanistic.
By the way, make sure that Virginia brings a pair of boots or something
to slog around in for picture taking. There is likely to be snow and mud on the grounds at the temple in December. Love, The Judith
Post a Comment