

The first game of the regular season for my Provo city basketball team was last night. It was a pretty good game to start the season out with, mostly because I had not played in about a month. As you can see my wonderful wife came and took pictures. We ended up winning the game by about 30 points (80 something to 50 something), even though we only had five players and the other team had nine. Also their tallest guy was probably 6' or 6'1'', so there was not much of a challenge in the post. I didn't really keep track of points and stuff, but if I had to guess I would say about 18-24 points, 10-12 rebounds and about 5 blocks. I was 5 for 8 from the line and can't remember any T/O. My buddy Luke A.K.A. "Prime Time Dimes" had about 42 points, 22 rebounds, 12 steals, 10 blocked shots and 16 assists (yeah...That's a quintuplet-double). He also had a 720 reverse, behind the back, between the legs, alley-oop two handed jam over all five players of the other team and the referee who was standing under the basket, he took off from the 3-points line. It looked like the old school NBA JAM game on the Super Nintendo, but in real life. It was a good thing that it was on the last play of the game because he shattered the backboard (and it wasn't the glass kind, it was solid Fiberglas). In fact, he dunked it so hard that when the ball hit the floor (after going through the hoop), instead of bouncing, it got embedded into the wood. As far as I know it has been turned into a shrine (kind of like the "The Sword in the Stone") that local basketball players come and worship at. It was a pretty sweet dunk. That is me and Luke below.

Anyway, enough about basketball. Things are going well with being married and all. I have the best wife in the world!!

She makes all my wildest fantasies come true (meaning, she has dinner ready when I come home from work, and sometimes cooks breakfast at night so I can have something good to eat when I get up to go to work.) I also got some good news from my land lord last night. He wants me to do quite a bit of painting in my old place (kitchen, living room, and a bedroom), so that will help out quite a bit with our dire financial situation. I was really worried about buying books and paying tuition for Virginia, so this is a great blessing. I also put some book shelves up last night. Actually one was a book shelf, the other was a all purpose shelf for the kitchen. Well.... I had better get back to work.
DAVE
No comments:
Post a Comment