Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sometimes its really fun to give people (in my case co-workers) blank stares while they are trying to explain something that to you that they themselves don't understand. It's even better if you already know about what they are trying to explain to you.
I was just talking to a co-worker that works on the other side of the building who has no idea about these new guidelines regarding who oversees patient pre-authorization. Even though she had no idea of what's going on she insisted on explaining to me for 5 five minutes about this new policy that really isn't that complicated. So I just starred her with a blank look and she was like "Am I confusing you??" "Nope, not at all." So she went on explaining away while all I was hearing was "wah-wah, wah, wa-wah-wah-wa..." (and actually while I am writhing this the same lady called me and started explaining some more!!!, I am laughing so much..Anyway back to the story) So I said "OK, Thanks" and then she was like "I am soooo sorry." I guess that she felt that she had to apologize for my involvement in what she views as such a complex process. It's like my job here is a comic strip like Dilbert, or a version of "Office Space" (the movie) or "The office" (the TV show).
I have an interview with Regence insurance company in the coming few days, it's kind of weird though that I get to call them and setup a time to come in and take some tests and possibly an interview. They said it would take about 2 hours so I might do it tomorrow or on Thursday.
I also have an application for US synthetic. A manufacturing co. that makes diamond drills for oil drilling. My neighbor Danny got the application for me and said that they have openings. I think it would be a good job because it's in Orem and would really cut down on my commute time. Anyway I had better get back to work. I need a good reference for these upcoming jobs.
Also, I just got a call from Utah Valley Hospital regarding a Health Unit Coordinator position that I applied for. I have a group interview this coming Thursday at 2pm. I have to give a 3 minute presentation on a subject of my choice. It should be pretty fun. I have a couple of idea on what to give it on, but I would appreciate some successions...so everyone give me some ideas (post a comment, by clicking on the comments link below).
DAVE

2 comments:

Luke said...

You should give your presentation on how great I am.

Anonymous said...

You should do a presentation about broken fingers, you know a lot about that

BG