Here is a picture taken on 1/18/05 of the window sill I was refering to...

Anyway, later that night I had a basketball game (pictures comming soon) for my ward and city league teams. My team won both games (of course) but I got to the ward game kind of late only to find out that the other team only had two players and my team had 16, so we divided up the teams and played anyway. I played on the other team, mostly because they were losing and didn't have a big guy, so we overcame a 10 point half time deficit and won by 7. Then in the city league game,
Team picture below...

I rolled my ankle pretty good with about 8 minutes left in the second half. Luckily we were up by about 20 when it happened, but we only had 5 players including myself so I sat out for a few minutes while the other team went on a 12 to 2 run, so I decided to play hurt and just walk. Then one of our players fouled out and we had to play the rest of the game 4 on 5, but it was really like 3 on 5 since I couldn't run. We played keep away for the last 4 minutes of the game and they stated fouling, so we shot free throws for about 10 minutes and won by about 8 points. After the game Virginia and I watched the Sci-Fic "Serenity", which was pretty lame, it was like a mix of the matrix, pirates of the Caribbean and tomb raider, but not as good as any of them. On Saturday night we (Virginia and I) went to my Grandma's house to spend some time with her and relax. I showed her my blog and the entry about The Judith's potty mouth, and she was lauging really hard. It was really fun.
Here is a picture that I took of Virginia at my Grandma's house...

We ended up going to see King Kong (my second time seeing it) that night up in Layton. It was still pretty good even the second time around, but there were a few parts that bugged (no pun intended) me. For instance when the young guy is shooting the big bugs off of Andrian Brodie with a Thompson machines gun...he isn't even looking where he is shooting!!! and looses total control after the first shot, unbelievable, even in a movie with dinosaurs and a giant Gorilla.
We slept in Sunday morning because we got home from the movie around 12:30 and then I watched the end of the Jazz game on the replay. Sleeping in was definitely a mistake because we both felt like we had been in a car crash all day on Sunday, because of the bed we slept in. I don't know why I thought it would be ok to sleep in that bed even after I've used 3 or 4 times in the past and always felt like crap the next day. Then last night I put my alarm on p.m. instead of a.m. (accidentally of course) so this morning I woke up 20 minutes past the time I was supposed to meet my car pool, I almost didn't go to work, but bills stated piling up in my head and I forced myself to go. Then when I got to work I said "Hi" to my boss and she looked at me and said "What are you doing here?" because there was not much for me to do. So I had a little crisis worrying about the stability of my job. I am sort of playing with the idea of going back to school to become a nurse. Mostly because I want a guarantee of a stable job that will pay well but also, I want to get into health administration and the nursing degree wouldn't hurt. It's just an idea right now, but we'll see if it grows into anything. If I just had a million dollars most of my problems would go away (including my wife saying that she wants a baby every few days).
Anyway, I guess it wasn't that good of a weekend after all, but in the famous words of Gloria Gainer "I will survive".
DAVE
2 comments:
make sure to ice your ankle and start looking for another job Punkin'. I'm sure you're doing that already, but just in case you're not, plus it's the only way to pay for a baby is by making more money! haha! I hope V can wait for a few years, maybe you can buy her a pet fish or something to take care of....just kidding.
luv the poo
mate, what are you talking about? we still have dinosaurs and big gorillas running around down here. Why else do you think they filmed it down here? you'll find them 240km south of the shire, if you want to go there someday!
Post a Comment