
Work was pretty busy today, there were some impatient old farts that kind of got on my nerves. This one guy was waiting for an X-ray and he came up to the desk and started looking through papers that were not even his!! I couldn't believe my eyes. I was like "umm.... can I help you?..." And he said "well....I was here before some other people.. I should have been taken back already...I'm just trying to find out what's going on here" And all this after I already explained to him twice that all the rooms were full, and that they would get to him as soon as they could. Unbelievable, It seems to me that as people get older, they either get nicer and more easy to deal with, or they get somewhat senile and belligerent and think the world revolves around them. Take for example this other guy who came in today (also really old). He comes in and says that he has an exam scheduled. I look over the schedule and can't find him ask him, ask him some more questions and then look him up on the computer to find out that he is scheduled for the next day. Instead of throwing a fit about how confusing it is to take an order from a doctor, make an appointment and show up there at the right time, he just laughs and makes a joke, and then leaves. There are those people who have realistic views of the world around them and see where they fit in, and those that think they know everything, and therefore are experts on how things should be.
As you can see this guy really bugged me.
Anyway, it's still been freezin' cold here I pulled this icesicle off the front of my house to illustrate (wow I'm tough looking huh...LOL)

We also got a SSS (super-secret-suprise) from The Poo (and yes, "The" is now part of the official title) the other day, and even though it wasn't for me, it was still pretty fun. Virginia really loves her new sporty spice outfit, and I must add that she looks HOT in it. So, major props to The Poo for that.

I still have not heard back from Health Equity yet, so I might give them a call tomorrow. I think it might be nice to try something other than what I have been doing for a while. Not that I don't like my job that I have not, because I really do... well ok today my manager kind of got on my nerves because she was sitting at the front with me and micro-managing. The Judith knows what I mean. But what's even worse is that when a patient would come over I would start to help them, and then my manager would totally butt in take over what I was just doing. I guess that I shouldn't really care that much, but it just bugs me when I see someone that is supposed to know about how to manage and train people doing things that just shouldn't be done by a manager. For example, let the person being trained do their job, only help when asked or they see something is being done wrong. It was almost like I wanted to say to her, "well looks like you have everything under control up here, I'll go hang out in the back while you cover the desk...even though I am supposedly training on the desk."
I guess that was the first thing that bugged me today, and then the old fart that was looking though our patient charts. But other than that, it was a good day.
Well I need to get to sleep, I have another fun filled day tomorrow.... but that reminds me of another thing that bugs me about my manager. She's has a crap load of this fake energy/enthusiasm for work. For example when I come in, in the morning, I am not exactly a firey ball of sunshine, but I am ready to do my job. Apparently my manager doesn't think that's enough. This morning she gave like three mini lectures on how one should be exited about work and crap like that. I felt like telling her " Listen, work right now for me is not the center of life. It's a way for me to pay my bills. So, if you expect me to get excited about $10.68 an hour and the chance to see your smiling face I think that you are in for a big disappointment. So, I'm sorry if work come in at 16th place on my priority list right below American idol and video games." Now don't think that I am miserable at work, because I am not, it's great being able to get there in less than 10 minutes, and being able to come home for lunch. I am really happy with it right now, but as you can see there are some things that bug me. Anyway, now I really need to go to bed.
DAVE
1 comment:
love the pic man! :)
Post a Comment