Friday, March 10, 2006

Another night, another game and another win. Last night I had a Provo city league game at a middle school here in Provo. It was a pretty easy game even though we were playing like crap, and when I say we, I mean the other guys on my team because I was awesome. I had about 9 or 10 blocks, 12 points and about 10 rebounds. I had three blocks on just one trip down the court, it was pretty fun. PTD played pretty well also, but he got elbowed in the face and had to sit out the last 6.5 minutes. It split open the area right below his eye. When he came back he had a band-aid over it and I said "Hey Nelly that isn't cool anymore". He didn't think it was that funny, but it was. After the game I was still not very tired so I went over to the gym and lifted weights for a while.
Work has been going pretty well. I think I have solved my problem with my manager. The key is to be really fake with her. It's actually pretty funny how I learned this. I was talking the other night with this girl who works there with me. She's pretty cool when you talk to her, but when this manager is around she seemed like an idiot. So I was talking with her (it was during the 3pm-11:30pm shift so the manager had gone home) and we were talking about this manager. She told me that she kind of doesn't like her, but is just totally fake with her, because that is what she likes and she "feeds off of it". When I say fake I mean things like when I come in the manager would say something like "oh yea!!! Dave is here!!! yeaaa!!!" and instead of being like "what is wrong with you woman? you are in your mid 40's and are acting like a moron teenager", I would instead be like "yea!!! I am so glad to be at work with you wonderful people!!". So that is going to be my new strategy at work. I guess it is a little bit of a compromise of my standards to act like a retard just because my boss is retarded, but if it makes my job more tolerable then so be it. Not that my job is that bad or anything, it's just one way that I can make it even better.

I am done with the table I was working on. I think it turned out pretty well. It was a shade or two darker that I would like but it still looks pretty good. See for yourself....









I also made a little stand for my computer monitor with some spare wood and spray paint, as you can see, not very complicated but very pracical..


So, anyway, As you can see not much has been going on around here. Although I am ready for spring to come. It snowed twice in the last couple of days. I am so sick of it!!!! Maybe if I could afford to go skiing or something like that I would be happy about it, but since it just means that I can't ride my motorcycle, IT SUCKS!! Virginia and I are going to start to work on her residency, and work permit papers this weekend. They are just a bunch of forms that we have to fill out and then get money orders for. It will end up costing about $800 to get everything done for her papers. So with her papers and tuition I should have just enough to get my motorcycle seat recovered and maybe the rear brakes worked on. I have been watching lots of American Chopper and also Motorcycle Mania lately and it has really given me the bug to get on my bike and go riding. I think that I just need to be patient, because even though it has been really cold I have still been riding it when the roads are clear, and it's ok until about half way to where I am going (either work or to pick up Virginia) then it gets too cold and not fun.
One sad thing that has happened recently is the cancellation of a blog that I was reading called "Emily's Diary". It was done by a teenage girl who was into ballet and other teenage girly stuff, but for some reason I found it really entertaining, and well written. It was kind of funny how it ended though. There was just a little short entry that said something like "My parents found my blog and I can't do it anymore, I guess it was fun while it lasted." My wife thought that I was kind of wired for reading it, and I can see where she is coming from. A 25 year old man reading a blog about the life a young teenage girl would seem a little strange.... but it was interesting.
Well it's almost time to clock out, but just for fun I would like to post my present "Top 5" movies, books, albums and TV shows.
Movies:
Rocky III
Gataca
Forest Gump
Sling Blade
The Big Lebowski

Virginia's Movies

The Silence of the Lambs
Life is Beautiful
The Count of Monte Cristo
Shallow Hal
The Pirates of the Caribean

Books: (Not including scripture of course...)
Redwall
The Sun Also Rises
1984
Teeth of the Tiger
For Whom the Bells Tolls

Albums:
Ten...Pearl Jam
Dirt...Alice In Chains
...And Justice For All...Metallica
Unplugged...Alice In Chains
Rage Against The Machine...Rage Against The Machine (Self Titled)

TV shows...
Simpsons
Reno 911
American Chopper
Grey's Anatomy
Sportscenter

Virginia's TV shows
The Office
Friends
Grey's Anatomy
X-Files
American Idol

Feel free to post your top fives..
DAVE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Dave's older sister I just had my 26th birthday anniversary, which means I'm older than 26, but we won't talk about how much older! I read Emily's blogs too, Dave told me about them. I think that Emily's a good writer as well, and they are very entertaining, because you write how you feel. Also because when we were younger and living in Utah we used to go and play in the gully too, I don't know if Dave remembers that, but it just reminds me of when I was Emily's age. Anyway I definitely remember doing a lot of things my parents didn't want me to do, but you should definitely be careful of the wierdos! luv Katie

Dave said...

Hey KT where is your top five list?? Also it's fine anyone posts one here, that's what it's for. But you should also know that people can click on your picture or name and see your profile and get your new URL that way. Also I totally agree with your parents, and my sister about being carefull about the freaks out there, but you seem like you have enough sense to do that already.
DAVE