I am over at my wife's friend Pilar's house right now. They are cooking Venezuelan food, and speaking Spanish, so I am in the back watching music videos and writing in my blog.
This morning we woke up at 9:30am and went over to the church for a primary activity. They were having a Lighthouse/sailor themed program. They made little sailor hats...

and and learned stories about Jesus calming the sea, and other sea related scriptural stories. One of the teachers was telling a story about the sea and the "fog" and she said "do you know what fog is?" and one of the little 4 year old girls was like "YES I DO!!!" and then started hopping around and making "frog" noises. It was hilarious. The teachers was like "well...that's a frog... it's close to fog, but not quite the same thing."
I also made a new friend. One of the moms walked in with her boy. A little 4 or 5 year old red headed kid, and he came right over to me and smiled really big at me and wanted to sit with me. I'm not sure but I think that he is autistic or something similar, but it was kind of weird how he picked me out to bond with. At the end of the Program we got big cookies made by the primary president.
One of the boys there named Reuben was having a really bad time. He cries and cries when his Dad is not in the same room with him, even though his younger brother is in the same room doing just fine. I was talking with their dad in the hall for a little while. His name is Rueben as well, he and his wife are from Chile and are here gong to school. He is going into graphic design. He's a really nice guy.
After the activity I took Virginia to work and then went home and cleaned the house a bit and then played some video games and watched King of the Hill. Later, after I picked Virginia up after work we took a nap.
My neighbor Cree woke me up wanting to know if he could use my BBQ. I told him he could, and then told him what kind of briquettes to buy at the store (the self lighting ones), but then when his date got there he came over again and asked me how to light the briquettes he bought. He had bought the wrong kind (the ones that you need lighter fluid for), and didn't have any lighter fluid. So I gave him the last of my self lighting briquettes and showed him how to start the grill and get it ready to cook, and all of this while his date was there with us. He didn't introduce me to his date so I said to her "You must be Jenny, Cree has told me a lot about you." I just made up the name Jenny to make it seem like Cree was dating someone else as well. It was pretty funny. She gave Cree this really awkward look, and Cree gave me this mean look and I started laughing. I told her I was just kidding, and I think she believed me. I hope I didn't totally ruin Cree's date, but it would be really funny if I did. Cree's date looked like she was about 15 years old, and didn't seem like someone that would be Cree's type. He is always talking about how he wants a really beautiful girl, but at the same time thinks that the fancy looking girls will be everything he wants intellectually as well, which as we all know is almost never the case. Cree is a Math-a-lete, he is planning on teaching high school math after he graduates, and last summer went to Berkley on a math internship thing. He is also into reading classic novels. Stuff like Hemmingway, Steinbeck and Tolstoy (the guy who wrote "War and Peace"). So as you can imagine things don't last very long when he picks out the "hair and nails" girl, who spends more time at the mall than studying. He was dating this girl Mallory who was in a band and seemed like the perfect fit for Cree, but he broke it off with her. It was pretty bad. I remember coming home and seeing her crying by herself in our driveway. I think that she just wasn't "the beauty" he was looking for, even though she was really cute, in her own unique way (she had short hair and a really cool style). So it will be interesting to see what happens with girl.
*(Later.. I just got home from Pilar’s house and went over to see how Cree’s date went and he is still with her. They are watching the Simpsons on a computer in his roommates room.)
After helping Cree with that Virginia and I went over and picked up Pilar and went to the grocery store and then to the Latin Market "Carniceria Mercado", and now I am here waiting for them to finish cooking and stuff.
I guess while I am waiting I will make some more top fives...
Worst/saddest days of my life... (These are in order for once..)
Youth Conference Pioneer Trek (day one)
Youth Conference Pioneer Trek (day two)
Youth Conference Pioneer Trek (day three) I am sure it would take up all five if it was two days longer.
The day Max (my dog) died.
The day my best friend Scott got cut from the high school basketball team (He eventually got back on it due to an injury of the sucky sophomore that took his place.)
As you can see I haven't had any truly "tragic" days, but I am sure they will come.
Best/happiest Days of my life...
12/17/2005 My wedding to Virginia
The day I met Virginia
Coming home from my mission
Days for and five are from my mission, and are too private to share here, but needless to say they were great.
DAVE
2 comments:
Hey! i told you the story about the fog
Hey people will think i corss the borders or something , the law does not apply to me.
Post a Comment