Work today was kind of nice for a change.
I was able to go over to the building where all the old films and charts are.
It a huge warehouse like room with just rows and rows of shelves 8 feet high.
I was in charge of the very important task of going through the files that were from 1995 and throwing everything away except for the reports of patients that were born in 1983 or more recent.
So basically I hung out with my co-worker Bryan and talked about old music and movies while I made piles of trash.
Bryan was cracking me up talking about Bell Biv DeVoe and Sir Mix-a-lot songs that he remembered.
He is in his early thirties and has kind of weird taste in music and movies.
For instance he loves Mel Brooks films and old R&B stuff like Keith Sweat.
Then when I came back to the office I found out that one of the Radiologists thinks I am great at my job, and the funny thing is that it’s the one that I was comparing to an old dying brontosaurus.
Apperantly one of the other clerks was talking with him and he said “Who’s that new guy?
The tall one with the mustache?”
and the clerk he was talking to was like “Do you mean Dave?” and then the radiologist was like “Yeah, yeah he does a really great job.
He’s great.”
I was laughing when I heard her (the clerk he was talking to) tell me about this, because I thought he was completely devoid of any emotion.
Anyway, after work I drove over to the campus to pick up Virginia.
She had been playing some ping-pong with the ping-pong club.
I also got the special treat of seeing some of the people in the BYU mid-evil club.
I am going to try to get some pictures of them one of these days because it is so funny.
I think that I might pose as a school reporter doing an article on school clubs or something like that.
I almost forgot to mention that I finally bought a new printer. I found it on craigslist.com. It’s a HP laser-jet 4si and I got it for only $25!!! The only draw back that it was in Riverton, Utah. I used map quest to find this place and it was way over by the west mountains in the Salt Lake Valley. I had thought that there were not even any homes in that area, but it was actually all brand new developments. So I drove up there and eventually found this guys house in one of these new developments and he wasn’t there. So after calling him and waiting for 10 minutes he shows up with his wife and invites me into his house. He was some kind of network administrator guy and had a little home office where the printer was. I was really amazed when I saw it because it was soooo BIG!!! The actual dimensions are 22’’X22’’X17’’ (L X W X D) and it weighs about 150lbs to 170lbs (seriously). So I had him print me out a test page and it worked so I gave him the $25, and picked it up (nearly broke my back) and stuck it in my trunk. Here is what it looks like next to my little monitor….


DAVE
1 comment:
It is a great printer, but watch out when it needs toner. Refills cost a mint. Check on the web for prices. There may be do-it-yourself kits.
Big John
Post a Comment