Sunday, March 05, 2006

This last week has been a little bit more hectic than usual for me. Monday night I had two basketball games. The first was in Provo, and the second was in PG. In the first game we were playing an undefeated team. We won the game by about 12 pts. Then in the second games we played a pretty bad team, but only ended up wining by about 8pts. I also got a wicked blister on my big toe in the second game that really hurt. Here are some pictures from the PG games...

Above: Mr. & Mrs. PTD Below: Waiting for free throws near the end of the game.

Then Tuesday night we had another games in our Provo league, and won that one as well. At work I have a new schedule. Since I am sort of done with training, I no longer have a set schedule. That means that I can start work at 7am or start work at 3 pm and work an eight hour shift. It's not too bad I guess, but some of the shifts that start at 3pm will be kind of lame because I won't get to see my wife much that day. However, one good thing is that I won't have to see m annoying manager very much. The other day, it was really slow so I was sitting on the counter in the back office. Everyone else was just standing around, but she looks at me and says "You really don't want to be sitting there." and I was like "huh.." and the she said it again, and I figured out that it was her way of telling me not to sit there. Now I don't really have a problem with being told not to sit on the counter, but just the way she said it was like she was like "Hey, I am the boss and you are beneath me, so you better not make me mad....ect" So I am thinking, "OK so, it's alright if you distract the entire office talking about your previous failed marriages, and new fiance (soon to be ex-husband) and about how you have to meet with the First presidency to get your sealing canceled, but I can't sit on a counter." She's just really lame. Plus she hordes office supplies like they are precious gems. The other day I asked for sticky notes at the front so I could keep better track patients and various other things, and she was like "Well... I can get you one pad, but we really don't like to use them." So I asked why and she said "Because they are so expensive." like I had asked a stupid question. I was about to say "Well so is getting married a whole bunch of times but that doesn't seem to bother you." (but I didn't.. 'cause that would have been mean... hehe) Anyway, I guess she does not really bother me as much as it might seem from reading my blogs, but when I think about it, it can kind of get under my skin.
Friday I had church basketball. We won our first game at 7pm and so we had another game at 9pm (that we won as well) and in between games I reffed a game. I thought I did alright, but I probably shouldn't have done it because in the second games I got another huge blister on my other big toe. OUCH!!!
Yesterday I worked on my table some more. I finished sanding and put the stain on, and one coat of the clear (just on the top). I think that it is going to turn out really nice if I don't make some huge mistake with the rest of the clear coats. Here are some pictures of the process.

Above & Below: This is before I put the stain on.



Above: Before the stain. Below: After the stain.



I also have some videos at my video link on the right side of this page. Again, be patient with the downloading, it takes a really long time.
Last night Virginia and I went out for a night on the town. We first went to Ross and Old Navy. We each bought two pairs of pants and I also got some new socks for basketball. Then we went to a nice Mexican restaurante called "Los Hermanos". I got a big combo burrito and Virginia got the fajitas. After dinner we went over to the dollar theater and watched Harry Potter. I thought it was kind of lame, but I had listened to the book on my mp3 CD player a while ago. It seemed like the whole movie was rushed, and they tried to fit too much into the short time. After the movie we came home and watched the last episode of AI (American Idol for those not in the know). We were both glad to see the mean girl and the crooner go home.
This morning we got a visit from the one of the bishopric, and Virginia got a call to be one of the Sunbeam teachers. They are the four year old kids and she will be team teaching with another teacher. I am really glad that they gave her this call because it's the one that she wanted. Anyway, I guess I will be getting something soon as well...
DAVE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Virginia! It is so great that she is going to be teaching in Primary. The kids will just love her. Teaching Primary is the best of all the callings, IMHO. I absolutely LOVE my Valiant 9 class.


Big John