Sunday, April 02, 2006

It has been a pretty good weekend. Friday night we were trying to drive to Luke's house (aka PTD) for his house warming BBQ thing, but when we got to the freeway it was just about at a stand still. So we drove for about an hour on the freeway and only got to the next exit and so we decided to turn around. We were starving so we went to eat at Applebee’s. The wait was about half an hours so we went over to Ross Dress for less and shopped a little. Virginia didn’t find anything, but I found a nice blue shirt for work for only $10. The only drawback to it is that Virginia doesn’t like it because it’s the same style of shirt that the supervisors at the Wilk wear. Yesterday we didn’t do much because I work from 3pm to 11:30pm. Work was really slow so I read “The Green Hills of Africa” I am trying to read all of Hemmingway’s books (I finally finished “For Whom the Bell Tolls” the other days), but I didn’t really get into this one too much because it’s kind of based on a real trip he actually took rather than pure fiction. Anyway, when I got home from work we watched The Simpsons on DVD (we borrowed the 7th season from our neighbors).

This morning I made hash browns, eggs, and bacon for breakfast, and we listened to conference. We tried watching it on the www.KBYU.tv page but it was too choppy, so we ended up listening to it on lds.org.

Today was the first truly nice day we have had this year. It was probably about 60 degrees and B-E-A-utiful. I think spring is finally coming.

So we went on a motorcycle ride. First we went to all the places that Virginia lived in the past few years so we could get the addresses for her papers. At the place she used to live before we got married we noticed her old bike that she had left there and walked it back to our house since it had a flat tire.


Then we went up to the parking lot where you start the hike to the “Y”. It’s a really cool look out place where you can see all of Provo.

(If you look really close you can see our house and my car parked out front right in the center of the photo.)



After our ride we went back home and played Yahtzee with our neighbor Cree. Of course I won very easily. My score is the one under game #4 on the left (and yes I know that is an awesome score despite not getting my bonus) Virginia’s score is under game #5 on the left and Cree’s score is under game #4 on the right. Cree tried really hard, but he couldn’t quite overcome the Yahtzee that I got on my third turn.

Anyway, I hope that everyone enjoyed these pictures.

DAVE

2 comments:

Luke said...

sure missed you guys. wasn't as much fun without you guys

Luke said...

*cry* *sniff* *sniff*