I was hoping to have a new tire and new brake pads on the back end of my motorcycle by now, but unfortunatley the monkeys that work at the shops I am trying to get the parts and service from are dumber than a box of rocks!!! For example, I ordered a tire from Monarch Honda in Orem and when I went to pick it up it took them a like 5 minutes just to pull up my information. Then I told them that I had already paid for the full ammount of the tire when I ordered it, but they told me that I owed $237.00!!! The tire it self was only $65... so the guy at the desk was like "... uh... but I don't think that is right." I was thinking "No really, are you sure Sherlock?" So I stood there while he blankley stared at the screen for a minute or two and figured that it could go on all afternoon and said "Listen I have other things to do, so why don't you give me the tire and fix you computer problem after I go." Luckily he handed over the tire and I left. Then when I called to see if the brake pads that I had ordered where in at Escape Motorsports in Provo, they told me that not only were they not in, but that they were never even ordered. All this after being on hold 7 times and transfered 3 times. When they figured out that the pads were not ordered they asked me if I wanted to order them. I told them that I would do it myself, because it was too much of a hasle with them. The good news is that I saved about $8 dollars by ordering the online at oldbikebarn.com. So I am still waiting for the pads to come and have not yet decided whether to try and do it my self or to trust the grease monkeys.
Anyway, enough of my ranting for now. Virginia and I bought some art this morning at the surplus sale at the hospital. We got a great deal on the stuff we bought. Altogether we got 5 different pieces for only $45. Three of them are huge paintings. Two of them are gardens and one is of a old house over a lake. They are about 30X40 inches with nice frames. Just the frames are worth more than what we paid. The other two are smaller with brass frames. I'll post some picutes when I get a chance.
DAVE
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment