Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Adventures of Helmet Boy!!!




Last week was my 26th birthday. It’s kind of weird to think that I am a grown-up. The morning of the 17th Virginia had a doctors appointment with an orthopedic doctor at 9am. It was kind of a hectic appointment because the BYU health center gave the location of the doctors old office and then when we finnaly found thr right office Virginia forgot to bring her insurance card, so I had to run home to get it. Luckily we were still able to get in and see the doc. He gave her a cortizone injection on her wrist to help with her tendonitis that has been bothering her for the lasat two months. I really hope that it works and she doesn’t have any more problems with it. After the appointment we went home and went back to bed for a nap, and then went out to lunch at the Olive Garden. After lunch we went shopping at Wal Mart and the motorcyle store and then we went to my nieghbors house to use his internet. I signed up for my online anotomy class and Virginia found some information that we needed for her papers. Then we just relaxed and watched Band of Bothers for pretty much the rest of the night. Anyway, I got a new helmet and a cool little intercom system that I can talk to my passenger with from my family. Virginia also made me a really good cake and enchiladas for my birthday dinner.
Yesterday I went on my favorite motorcyle ride yet. I heard about it from Matt (the guy I build fences with). I drove up Provo canyon to Cascade springs.and then did the American Fork loop. Here is a link in case you want to read more about it: http://www.utah.com/byways/alpine_loop.htm
I left at around 5pm and I got back just before 8pm, but I really rushed the trip because it was mostly a scouting trip so I could find the best places to go for when I took Virginia up with me. I will say that one danger of having a helmet is that I feel more comfortable going about 15% faster now that there is no wind in my face. Anyway lets get to the pictures…

These first three are right above the Sundance resort, they had some stables and some really huge fancy pants log cabins (sorry I didn't take any pictures of the cabins)...
























These next two are in a awsome aspen forest that you drive right through for about 3 miles.

















These three looked like somthing out of the Lord of the Rings movies...




















Last but not least here are the pics of Cascade srpings. I only saw two other people touring the springs and I had them take one picture of me (I really need a tri-pod...)
















So as you can see it was a really beautiful ride through the mountains. I am hoping to take Virginia there on monday and take even more pictures.



Today I am working a double shift from 7am to 11pm. I volunteered for it yesterday because the manager was offering time + 1/2 and a $25 bounus for it, and I need the $$$. It's not been to bad, but I do have to work tomorrow at 7am and then go and teach EQ right when I get off at 3pm. Luckily I already have the lesson pretty much done. I was supposed to give it last week, but right before the class was getting underway the EQP told me that they were goign to do a thing on Home Teaching with the Bishoprick instead of the lesson. I was fine with that. So now I have a little more time to make some adjustments to the lesson and make it a gem. We'll see how it goes.
DAVE

No comments: