Well I was just reading some of my old blogs and I have come to the conclusion that either I am getting less funny as time goes by or my life is becoming more boring. Actually I think it may be a combination of both. However, it may be due to the fact that I am blogging much less now and try to fit in all the stuff that has happened in the last two weeks into just a couple of paragraphs. Either way I will try to put more funny stuff in my blogs starting now:
Friday I was working in the office with Nielson and Connie. Nielson is a younger guy that I am pretty good friends with. We always give each other a hard time and joke with each other. The best way to describe Connies office reputation is "The weakest link". She is the type who likes to give orders even though she doesn't know what is going on, or what she is talking about. I can take on average 3-4 phone calls in the time it takes her to field one. Don't get me wrong, I like her and she is a sweet heart (and I am the only one who defends her when people are talking trash about her), but she has a different skill set when it comes to office work. Back to the story, so I am working with these two and it is about time for me to go home, but the schedule I have been working on has not yet been finished so I needed to pass it off to someone. So I told Nielson what was going on and told him that would need to finish the schedule. But, he thought he would be a tough guy and refuse to do it, and even that he didn't know how to do it.
I said to him "oh really?"
"that's right, sucker" he said
Then under my breath "You really think you're not doing this?"
"that's right" again came his reply.
"Alright" I said, then I said to Connie, "Hey Connie, I am taking off, would you mind showing Nielson how to do the schedule, he doesn't know how to do it."
Right when he realized what was going on he stared calling me all kinds of names under his breath (because Connie was sitting just a few feet away).
It was hilarious.
Then yesterday I was working with a new guy and we were kind of bored, so I offered him a piece of Neilson's gum (and took one myself) that he keeps in his mail slot, and it just so happened that they were the last two pieces. Then we made little IOU notes and put them in the pack to replace the gum. It should be pretty entertaining to see him open his pack of gum to get a piece and find the two IOUs.
Anyway, I thought those were pretty funny stories.
DAVE
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment