Friday, August 25, 2006

Well last Sunday’s Elder's Quorum lesson went all right except for about half of the time I felt like I was speaking gibberish because I could'nt keep a train of thought going. I had one guy tell me after the lesson was over “that was the most entertaining elder’s quorum lesson” he had ever had… so I don’t know if he was just laughing at my blathering or if it really was a good lesson. My guess is the blathering. I remember a few times I would be in the middle of a thought and then be like “um…. let’s go onto the next page.” It was kind of weird.
This week has gone by pretty fast. I took the cable box back to the comcast building on Tuesday, so we are now cutoff from the outside world. I think it will be kind of nice not having that distraction in the house while we are in school.
Wednesday I took V up to Cascade springs and down American Fork canyon. I thought that it was fun when I went by myself, but it was ten times better with her. We drove up to the springs and did the entire hike first. Then we went and did the alpine loop and ate lunch by a river and then back home. The only lame thing about the trip was that the intercom thing we bought turned out to be a piece of junk. I though if we just used it some more and got used to it, it would be better but it stopped working all together. Oh well, I guess we can take it back. Maybe I’ll get a tri-pod after all. Here are some of the pictures we took.



















I thought that these trees looked like they came out of a scarry movie...hence the pose.














I thought this next one was pretty funny...(look at the latin name compared to the name shown.)
















This tree was in the way, so I had to move it...
















Yesterday I worked with Matt all day (11 hours) up in Provo canyon building a lodge pole fence on some really cool property. Then I worked with Matt again today from 8am until 2pm. I took these pictures today.
















I am working in the office from 3pm to 11pm tonight, and as you might guess it’s pretty slow. I also got my schedule for next month and found that I am only scheduled for 7 days the whole month. I am going to talk to the dude about what’s going on, because I am getting shafted BIG TIME. I was kind of peeved about it earlier, but I am ok with it now. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the pictures. Also let me know if there is anything you want me to discuss in future blogs… and it is too early to have a Christmas list KTP!!
DAVE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well I thought if I asked you now, maybe I would hear something before Christmas Eve, but whatever, I'll buy you things from Walgreens the night before. the poo

Dave said...

Don't be upset KTP, you just have to realize that I have a very busy schedule with starting my anatomy and physiology classes, working at the hospital and fencing jobs, being an awsome husband and training to be a cage fighter. I don't have much time to think about what I want for Christmas...ya know?

Anonymous said...

well seeing how you're trying to be so awe-some why don't you email me some of the wedding photos and you'd better get A's in your classes or you won't even get Walgreen gifts. ktp

Dave said...

why don't you just go to the Dave and virginia wedding pictures blog and get them yourself KTP!!!