Last night was my first night off after working everyday all day last week. So to make it special Virginia and I went out to eat at Chilli's and then shopping. I got a really cool tool box from Wal-mart for only $7 and also a mp3 playing boombox from bestbuy (now I can make mp3 cd's to listen to while I am fencing). Anyway, after doing that stuff we went home and were getting ready for bed when our toilet started making noises. Turned out that there were air bubble coming up into the bowl, and somehow lowering the water level. Virginia took the chance to clean the bowl since there was no water in it. Then she flushed it and it filled up normally, but then she flushed it again and it overflowed. I tried turning off the water, but the valve was stuck so I couldn't. So the water pooled in the bathroom and then spread into the kitchen where it pooled some more and then soaked in to the carpet in the livingroom. We cleaned up the water in about 15 min and I checked out the toilet. It seemed fine because I flushed it twice, and it worked both times perfectly. Then I really needed to poo and since the toilet seemed to be working... I did. Then of course when I flushed it, it started overflowing again!!! I was trying to plunge it with our plunger, but that didn't do anything. So I am in the bathroom, furious, and I say "here it comes again!", to Virginia, who is in the kitchen. As the water starts to flow into the kitchen I hear her say "ohhhh noooo Dave... There's pooo!!!" By this time I was ready to rip the toilet out of the wall because I was so mad. I called my landlord until he picked up the phone (it was around midnight at this point) and told him about what was going on, and he said he would come out in the morning.
So this morning our landlord came over at 7:30am and had to call the plumbers to come. I think that they fixed the problem, but I am not really sure because they didn't really do anything, it just started working. So I think I have some more fun to look forward to.
DAVE
and yes we will be looking for a new place to live.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment