Monday, February 05, 2007

Since I have been having a little bit of trouble with my motorcycle I have been looking occasionaly at other bikes for sale. Today I found this one on Craigslist.com.


Here is the description the seller gave:

[This bike has sat in a garage for the duration of its life, and it shows. It is beautiful with not a ding or scratch and the original paint, chrome, and leather as shiny as ever. The bike has 5000 miles on it and runs great. I am moving to california for grad school and am forced to leave it behind. This bike is a great buy and will fun forever, its engine size is 1200 cc's and you feel it. Dual disk brakes, comes with back and side storage containers.]

He is asking $4,500 for it, but I looked it up on the Kelly blue book site and only said it was worth $2,910. So I e-mailed him and offered $3,300 for it. I don't know if I would get it even if he agreed, but it looks like a pretty sweet bike. Plus there is a lot of stuff that needs to be done on my bike that I either don't know how to do, or don't want to pay some grease monkey at the local shop to do for me. (If you go through some old post you can find a nice rant about how I feel towards the local motorcycle shops.)
DAVE

No comments: