Friday, February 09, 2007

So I went and rode the 1984 Honda Goldwing seen below, but I was kind of dissapointed with it. First of all the bike feels really short (that may be becasue my bike is kind of tall) and not really heavy at all. Second, there were about a dozen cosmetic problems with the bike... missing side panel, rusty lugage racks, rusty bolts on the windshield ect. When I rode the bike it was not really what I expected from a bike with 700cc more than mine. It felt more like driving a car than a motorcycle. That may be due to it having four cyclinders rather than two, but the noise and acceleration were not really impressive. I guess the good new is that I am saving a lot of money by not buying it. However, now I will need to put quite a bit of work into my 78' CX500. I finally got it running again today after some electrical problems that turned out to me just being a retard. In case you are wondering (even though you could probably care less) here is the list of things that I need done on my bike.
1. Get carbs adjusted (right now it only runs well if the choke is completly out). 2. Fix the started button. (it only works if you twist and push it a certain way, and the headlight is hard to get working becasue of the starter button). 3. Find and fix the slow leak in the front brake lines. 4. Replace the spark plugs. 5. Replace the seals on the front forks. Also a vast number of cosmetic things need to be done. It's times like these that I really wish I had a garage. I finally ordered my Anatomy book for my online class. I also sent an e-mail to Weber State inquiring about my admission. For the last week or two I have been waking up at 6am feeling wide awake and like I want to go and get things done. For example this morning I got up and finished downloading some stuff for my pal Bryon, then I cleaned the kitchen made some rice crispy treats (for the first time in my life) and made a nice breakfast. This was the first day that I didn't go back to bed after getting up early so I am dead tiered tonight at work. Hopefully I will be able to just wake up at a normal hour tomorrow. Finaly, we got a letter from the Dept. of Homeland Security this last week telling us that they got Virginia's papers and have started the process. So that is good news.

DAVE

No comments: